question of water cooling system

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by pyp, Dec 29, 2009.

1. pyp

pyp MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2009
    hi, i just bought a TT kandalf case which has build-in liquid cooling system but i found the pump only can lift the water to a certain level but cannot go through the whole loop. does that mean my pump is defective or just i built it wrong? this is my first time using water cooling and i have to say this case is REALLY HEAVY.:(

2. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    What does "built in" mean? Every pump has it's capacity and the water won't go further...

any pressure leakages? Checked the connections and the manual?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pyp

pyp MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2009
    Thank you. actually the liquid system came with the case that is why i said "built-in" :p The problem now has been fixed. it is because there is too much air in the tube.:(

4. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    I see. Well, it of course has to be air-free. Filling all hoses with water should help the problem.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. starams5

starams5 MDL Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Like ancestor said, it has to be air free. It will usually appear that way at first like it's not pumping. Give it a few days, open the res each day to let the air escape. You'll know in a few days if you have a bad pump or not, your temps will be an indicator as well. You can check the capacity by finding out what the flow rate of the pump is. A pump with a 400 L/Hr pumping capacity should be able to move liquid through 4ft of tubing, 500 L/Hr=5ft of tubing, 1000 L/Hr=10ft of tubing, etc.