question of window 7 on a domain system

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by mr2sw21, Oct 14, 2010.

1. mr2sw21

mr2sw21 MDL Novice

Sep 18, 2010
    If I am not an administrator for window 7 on a domain system. And installing any program required admin password.
    is there any way I can by pass the administrator process to install programs on the PC?

2. applegate

applegate MDL Member

Aug 1, 2009
    No, only if you can start it directly from a USB (or not installing program)

3. OmniBlade

OmniBlade MDL Novice

Oct 10, 2009
    If the bios is unprotected or you can otherwise make it boot from a CD or USB drive rather than the hard disk, you could run the "offline nt password and registry editor" and use that to reset the admin password or any other local accounts to a known password. It can probably activate the built in admin account if it is deactivated too. Of course doing this might land you in some trouble with your IT department if they find out, so ask yourself how much you really need that program you want to install and how well you think you can plausibly deny you had anything to do with it. Use at your own risk.

4. mr2sw21

mr2sw21 MDL Novice

Sep 18, 2010
    thanks for the advise.

5. mr_rabbit

mr_rabbit MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2009
    it may work, only if the admins didn't disable the local administrator account through Group Policy, and all the local access :D
    i do that :p

6. b166er

b166er MDL Junior Member

Sep 9, 2009
    How about Konboot?

7. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    Then use @ctive password recovery, and a combination of WinPE to reset the security policy and then mount the registry and disable/delete the local policies so they regenerate next login. :)

8. metalmx

metalmx MDL Novice

Nov 21, 2010
    hi,

yes you can! if you can add your domain user account on the local administrators account. that's the only possible way ..