Question on Config.xml file in Office 2010

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by calpo, Nov 15, 2011.

1. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    #2 CODYQX4, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Don't know too much about config.xml, but it seems you could use the command tag to run the commands you need to overwrite tokens, perhaps via integrated batch script, or ATM/MTK.

If you are trying to use Office 2010 BETA era tokens, pleas just give that up, frankenbuilding is garbage, otherwise go ahead.

I know you can launch setup.exe with config.xml as a parameter on the commandline so it uses that config.xml.

A file like this maybe?
    Code:
    <Configuration Product="ProPlus">    
        <Command Path="%PATHTOWHATEVER%\ATM.exe" Args="/S" ChainPosition="after" Execute="install" />
    </Configuration>
    Change ProPlus if needed (unlikely), and change the %PATHTOWHATEVER% to where the ATM.exe is (or MTK, but since MTK needs .NET 4 it is less install friendly). Note the /S may be the wrong switch as I don't know ATM's switches and MTK certaintly won't use /S but has switches for restoration. If you use a batch file you shouldn't need arguments.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. calpo

calpo MDL Member

Apr 23, 2010
    @CODYQX4

Thanks anyways.

I use a .bat file and token.dat to make a .exe file, and then use OTC to add that .exe file and make a .MSP file. Finally place it in Updates folder .... That works ....:p

3. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    Yeah as long as you use VL its fine. This method covers retail and VL, but is harder to work with.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...