Question On SLP Activation

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by sellerman122, Aug 21, 2010.

1. sellerman122

sellerman122 MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2009
    I am totally new to the SLP 1.0 Activation, I fully understand how 2.0 and 2.1 work. My computer has gotten bogged down with a ton of junk, various viruses, trojans, etc. I downloaded a MSDN VLK disc, and modified the setupp.ini so it is an OEM disc.

I didnt insert the oembios files to the disc, because i wanted it to be a non-branded OEM disc, which I could manually add the oembios files in later.

During the installation it asks for the cd-key, my question is would I put in the OEM:COA key, or the OEM:SLP key?

When windows boots up, where exactly do I put the 4 oembios files? Ive searched all over for this and cant seem to find anything on it? Sorry for asking the obvious, and thanks a ton for all the information and articles here..Great site!

2. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    If its only a OEM disc you have to use the OEMCOA key ofcourse.

If you make its oembrand specific using the oembios brandthread blabla:)p) then you will use the oemslp key.

3. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    But the OEM COA is usless, it NEEDS to be activated (Internet activation will not work, phone might)
    So use the SLP OEM key if you plan to add the oembios files later - with oembios changer from stickies

sebus

4. sellerman122

sellerman122 MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2009
    #4 sellerman122, Aug 21, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
    (OP)
    thats exactly what i was thinking sebus, could you direct me as where to put the oembios files? pretty sure its system32 isnt it?

EDIT: Nvm i got it, thanks again all!