Question on Update Methods

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Humphrey, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Which one should I use?

I like to make my own ISO's so i'd like to know which update solution I should go with but seeing how there are different ways to go about it id thought id ask. I am looking to either intergrate them into the wim or have them run during setup, i am not looking for the easier solution, im looking for the best solution. I am going to be using W7 SP1 (media refresh) iso's so that should cut down on the amount of updates required for me to install, I looked at a few different ways I seen on updating but each way is different and has a whole lot of updates (hotfix repository) or just a few (windows 7 offline updates.)

someone please full me with knowledge.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Its all up to you, what you think its best & easiet.

Easiest and faster would be using setupcomplete.cmd, easy to add/remove and customize
    Using DISM will integrate them to wim yes "better" if you ask me but takes more time, you cant simply remove updates you dont want

3. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    #4 Humphrey, Dec 23, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
    (OP)
    Is this in reply to my update method request cause I see there is a method to add updates for x86 and x64 to an ISO and information on "Windows Updates Downloader" and links to the latest update list, Date Released: 12/19/2011?

Which is what I was looking for but I also see an OEM/Loader activation method as well (all this in the same post of course) and I was wondering if you was implying that I should go with this method of activation. My current method being Windows 7 DVD [Multi-Brand|Multi-Edition] Activation.

Note:

1.Bootloader is zsmin v0.97
    2.By default keys are installed with DISM.

[/quote]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...