Question on Win 7 OEM

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by zerocool213, Nov 4, 2009.

1. zerocool213

zerocool213 MDL Junior Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Well as i know that most machines that have vista that some carry slp 2.1 or slp 2.0 work with no problem getting a oem slp activated well my question is if you have xp home edition from orginal to install to win7 i know you have to reformat and cannot upgrade but sense it has slp 1.0 how can i activate one of the 2.1 keys

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Two totally different technologies.

SLP1.0 is a simple text string in the bios for OEMBIOS

SLP2.0 is SLIC in bios to match cert and key

SLP2.1 is SLIC in bios to match updated (some) cert and key

Have a SLIC into your bios to activate Windows 7..just like Vista.:cool::cool:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MrFerretKing

MrFerretKing MDL Member

Aug 25, 2009
    It won't matter if you have XP Pro installed as long as the BIOS itself it SLIC 2.1 capable.

No matter what OS you have installed currently your BIOS will have to be capable of 2.1, whether out of the box or bios modding and re-flashing, if you want to OEM activate W7

4. zerocool213

zerocool213 MDL Junior Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Sup

Well The reason iam saying that is because look i have a computer that had Home premium right but just reformated a long time ago to vista ultimate right so there fore upgraded to win 7 upgraded and medic i tryed your cert and key install and didnt activate only said 30 days thats it and from there i was like what and then trying to go on the internet and register nothing so from there i was like what so anyways im really confused right now so first iam prolly going to re check my oem disc to make sure its oem can anyone point me out what files or what things like pid.txt to check if its all oem. As for the other hand activating it is another does anyone have a tool that has the cert and key install no cracks nor hacks or anything with boot loaders or stuff like that.
    THANKS

5. mistral

mistral MDL Junior Member

Sep 1, 2009
    i have started to make my own iso win7 oem dell, but i have forgot how to do, "oem folder" into "source folder" into iso file then it stop, can anybody give me the link to the "how to do" search but not found. plz

6. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    #6 sam3971, Nov 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. mistral

mistral MDL Junior Member

Sep 1, 2009
    #7 mistral, Nov 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017