(Question) Power options system icon

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by nocturney, Jan 26, 2016.

1. nocturney

nocturney MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2012
    Hey guys.
    Is it possible to enable the Power Options system icon on a desktop PC ?

Capture.PNG

I've tried to disable the "Remove battery Meter" through gpedit.msc as an option, but it didn't do the job.
    Is it possible at all ?

2. cuteee

cuteee MDL Guru

Oct 13, 2012
    For what do you need Power Options icon in desktop pc ?

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Er........?! Maybe OP thinks his PC Desktop run on Battery?? Or, mistakenly he thinks that he could see if the Batteries in his UPS are charged or not?? Anyway both very hardly possible!! And for the UPS, the better UPS will come with USB connection and the needed software, there's no need for a such Power Button on the Desktop!

Tha's all I could think about, except for sure, the OP like to trolling?!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. nocturney

nocturney MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2012
    To be honest I just want a more elegant way of changing power plans on the fly,
    Nothing too serious, and of course not highly needed, I can quietly live without it just as I always did. ;)
    Just wondered if it's possible..

5. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    #5 EFA11, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That power button is for Laptop as Indicator to see the laptop is connected to the AC Power Source and the level of the Batteries are charged!

For what you want, you could either use to create a Shortcut to the Power Option in Control Panel or create a small Apps for to change the power Plans as you need/like!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...