Question...Toshiba Sattelite Laptop... SLIC for Vista and the XP one..

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by tnx, Nov 10, 2008.

1. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Hi all...Its been a little while since i have been on..But i have a new toy and with it a new little project.

I realise this question connects the XP to the Vista threads but i did not know where to put it really...
    Hope here is OK..

My Toshiba laptop has gone tits up..The screen is well buggered,does not come on at all but luckily i have got it to work with the VGA connected to my TV..Wow 40" windows....i digress.

My little project is to flash this BIOS to add Vista SLIC.
    I did not want to just come out and ask for this but i want to be able to find out to do it my self.

The laptop came with XP Home and has an original proper working code...wu hoo..

So i then decided to make me an XP Home OEM disc...obtaining XP Home as i speak.well type.

So....

How do i find out my laptops BIOS info ?
    How do i extract this info ?
    How do i get to the BIOS SLPI ( Windows XP )
    How do i alter the BIOS to add SLIC ( Windows Vista) ( need to ask on a Vista thread )

Hope this all makes sence..

ohhh my nice new shiney laptop is a Sony Vaio with Vista home premium...nice...

please help and piont me in the right direction..

cheers..

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    The toshiba is probably insyde bios...good luck with it:eek::eek:

The screens are cheap online..Just replaced one on the wifes toshiba last year. Easy fix:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...