Question Window Borders

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by robmadden1, Jul 18, 2015.

1. robmadden1

robmadden1 MDL Member

Oct 21, 2009
    It is possible to make a window have no borter at all not the color you pick for the line under an active window. I dont want a 1px border with that color. I did the registy change bor border width and padding and set borth to zero but there is still a 1 pixel border. Is it possible to fully remove this?

2. AtomR

AtomR MDL Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Nope, you can't remove that 1px border. That is hard-coded with DWM (Theme Engine). But Msft can remove it though, if they want to.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. robmadden1

robmadden1 MDL Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #3 robmadden1, Jul 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
    (OP)
    Thanks for letting me know. I can live with it the way its set now to zero since this is as close to no border as I can get from the default windowborder: -15 and padding -60.

Was also just wanting to remove the border on my tablet for use with bluetacks when I use adroid apps in landscape mode to fill the full width of the screen with the top and side borders not showing and I figured out the best padding and width for this with my tablet screen size of 1366x768.

Thanks again for letting me know.