[Question] Windows 10 automatically received data from MS?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by vnoctober, Oct 5, 2014.

1. vnoctober

vnoctober MDL Member

Mar 5, 2014
    #1 vnoctober, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
    I have tested Windows 10 TP for a few days. Then I discovered, Windows received something constantly from Microsoft.
    I don't use any strange software, patch or crack tools. My installed soft: Office 2013, ESET, SQLExpress, Chrome, IDM and nothing else. No new update available.

Maybe someone has ever encountered, and fixed. Please, help me! :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    It is Technical Preview. Read the agreement that came with it. You agreed to allow MS to collect data by installing TP.

one good one to block at this time is teredo.ipv6.microsoft.com,(94.245.121.253) I watched 10MB of data go down the pipe to that IP in a couple hours. I haven't looked more yet, but I am sure there are more lol

3. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    nothing new, m$ as always integrated sniffers in their OS

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Sure MS does that!

For to get more Infos what Windows 10 (and any other Windows!) does on line, you'll need an Sniffer Apps for that. I use NSAuditor (it's payware) for such and other apps as well.

Like it or not, on the other hand MS is relying on the infos for to be able to improve the upcoming new versions and get bug's solved. MS could not run the same in their own departments because of much different use of Windows and installed apps by the "normal" user's! That's essential infos and very needed by MS. Even MS has thousands of developer and Office Employees, those are nothing against the myriads of on line users on the Internet!

Autodesk as an example has told on some exhibition years ago, that they relying on the infos from un-authorized Users of AutoCAD and their other application for to get them working fully and clean as possible. MS is in the exact same situation! So don't be worry to use even pirated apps on MS Pre-Final Versions!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Not to this degree.

6. vnoctober

vnoctober MDL Member

Mar 5, 2014
    #6 vnoctober, Oct 5, 2014
    (OP)
    Anyone, sorry for the confusion. They send data continuously to my PC :D
    I don't want that.

7. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    I'm not surprised of things coming from m$, they spend more time to develop spies than giving a real stable OS with patches growing up every months. In fact we are betatesters since the beginning :cool:

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Then, disconnect the machine from internet and connect only if needed! You could although "ban" all MS IP's! Later would be a hard work!

9. vnoctober

vnoctober MDL Member

Mar 5, 2014
    What is MS send to me? They sent continuously when I connect to the Internet

10. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    data which can be converted to $$$$$ to buy a new M$ OS :D

11. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    to find out the exact content, you need to capture the packages send to you and than use an Hex-Editor to open them! A lot of work and useless IMOH!

12. shawnsdada

shawnsdada MDL Junior Member

Jun 24, 2013
    All these people I see here and on other forums complaining about this. I can't believe how many people don't bother reading anything. They see Windows Technical Preview and go straight to downloading and installing it so they can feel cool because they have a preview of Windows 10 installed. No questions asked. Then are surprised to see Microsoft collecting data for feedback.

I enjoy reading the ones posted by the hardcore paranoids though. It's all about the NSA and Microsoft teaming up to get them personally. You know, because they are soo important that the NSA/MS watch their every move. All posted from their Windows 10 installs too more than likely lmao.

13. luke

luke MDL Senior Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Lets all just find the IPs and block them in the host file problem solved.

14. Espionage724

Espionage724 MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2009
    Apparently if you browsed a certain Linux-related site or use TOR, you're branded as an extremist, since you apparently "want to hide something".

But hey, go ahead and make the NSA's job easier by being so publicly open :p Gotta protect the USA and stop terrorism, and all that stuff.

But I do agree though, if you are actually trying to be protective of your data (like you should), the last thing you should be doing is using a tech preview of an operating system designed to get feedback... If you're going out of your way to not give feedback and to prevent feedback being sent to Microsoft, why on earth are you using the tech preview to begin with?

15. omgbbqit

omgbbqit MDL Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Because some of us like to use the latest things and learn how they work, without it being necessary to shrug off our privacy too? Why SHOULDN'T we be able to disable it if we choose to? It's our computer and our files, and nobody knows what is being scanned, or sent, or received, or where it might end up.

I don't let people wander round my home rifling through my things, even those I invite. Why trust a company proven to be involved in one of the biggest privacy invasions at all to do so?
    More to the point; So what if you don't mind? These people do. Why shouldn't they be allowed to try to figure out how to disable it if they want to for any reason? If they are concerned enough to be trying to find out how to do so, how about just letting them get on with it? Just because some people don't care doesn't mean they have to be held to that person's standard.

Then there's always the chance we learn and find out more by trying.

16. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That's the price you have to pay for to get early access to something which is still under heavy development! You're informed from the developer that those OS ios for testing only but productive in any means, all what you do is totally on your own risk! If you could not accept that, just simply keep your hands off from such software!

17. elzna

elzna MDL Senior Member

Aug 28, 2013

what if hosts files are overwritten with windows updates, or if hosts file is silently
    reverted by some microsoft magic :)

18. vnoctober

vnoctober MDL Member

Mar 5, 2014
    #18 vnoctober, Oct 5, 2014
    (OP)
    I hate it - Windows 10. It has downloaded something to 2 GB only an hour. When I connect to the Internet, it continues to happen.
    No updates, nothing new :mad:

1.jpg 2.jpg

19. omgbbqit

omgbbqit MDL Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Except it isn't the price. We have a choice - disabling what we can.
    If I said that by continuing to read this post, beyond this point, you owe me $1,000,000, do you have to now pay me that in exchange for doing so?
    We can fight for our privacy if we want. We can learn how to disable these things if we want. I'm fairly positive that Microsoft frown on the usage of things like the Daz loader and insist that you not use KMS activators either - in the end it's still down to what the end user wants to do with their PC containing their files though.
    It's not like people don't have legitimate reasons to be concerned or interested in what is being sent and received by their own computer. Us trying out the software of our own free will and accepting whatever consequences not updating or allowing this stuff might have, doesn't ultimately matter to them.

20. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009