questions about dual boot

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by moroon, Feb 4, 2014.

1. moroon

moroon MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2014
    hallo everyone
    i tried to dual boot windows 7 with windows 7
    when i used the daz loader to authenticate the first partition everything went fine
    when i tried to do the same to the second one the process completed successfully but the first partition became non authenticated again.I thought that this had to do with the bootloader and staff(i have not understood how it works)
    so would anyone care to explain me why this happened and how can i dual boot using daz loader in both?

eventually i installed in the first partition the windows 7 with the daz loader and in the second one i used a version i downloaded which says "preactivated".The iso also had an oem activated version besides the preactivated.
    So my question is what is the difference between preacdtivated and oem versions and how come and the preactivated worked without making any issues?

thank you for your time

2. razRA

razRA MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2012
    why would you use dual boot windows 7 ..Two times windows 7 .. try maybe you can 3 times windows 7 LOL ? I cannot see the purpose of that. What I think is you need to have one windows 7 original key and the other windows you can activate with Daz loader .. if not you might get conflicts !!! :eek: maybe try VirtualBox in windows 7 to install the other OS :D

3. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Are we talking laptop or desktop ?

I have said it many times, I found the best way to set up dual boot is to have each OS on it's own hard drive.
    With only one HDD plugged in you load your desired OS onto it.
    Remove that drive.
    Plug in the second drive and load your other chosen OS.
    if you take the first install as you default OS, plug both drives in.
    Boot into the BIOS and set up the boot order so the default OS is first boot.
    So when the PC is switched on that OS boots up automaticly.
    Then to boot the other OS simply press F8 ( your board could well be different )
    and select the second drive to boot up. This does not alter the default boot order so when the PC reboots again the first default OS boots.

This sounds long winded but once set up it works perfectly with any combination of OS's.

But obviously does not work on a laptop.

Does this help ?

4. moroon

moroon MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2014
    i am not asking you to find a purpose in what i am trying to do and obviously it has a purpose since i am trying.I do not have original windows and i have already thought the possibility of vm but it is not suitable for now.

it is a desktop and let me clarify that i have managed to work with 2 windows 7 as i mentioned in my first post.I have only 1 hard drive.
    my 2 initial question remain not answered since you are explaining me how to make it work while as i already said it works fine.
    my 2 questions are as stated in the first post
    1. is it possible to dual boot(or multiple boot) windows 7 using a loader in order to activate them all?
    2. what is the difference between preacdtivated and oem versions and how come and the preactivated worked without making any issues?
    thank you again for your time and i am sorry if there is any mistake in my syntax or spelling but English is not my native language

5. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    1. Yes. Install the Loader into both of the OS. The bootloader itself is shared by both, since only one partition can be Active (selected to boot from).
    2. Preactivating Windows 7 is usually done via OEM:SLP, that is OEM. The other OEM is OEM:NSLP / OEM:COA and has to be treated like RETAIL (some even require explicit phone activation).

OEM:SLP itself is perfectly legal, so as long as MS doesn't detect the loader itself all is fine. In the case of Daz' Loader, the magic is done before Windows even boots. RAM Shadow rocks.

6. moroon

moroon MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2014
    how to install 10 times windows 7?

i would like to know how can i install in 10 different partitions of my hard drive 10 times the windows 7 while using daz loader to activate them all?

thank you

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I have merged topics no need to start another.

8. moroon

moroon MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2014
    anyone to answer the above?

9. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I will answer because I don't think any one else will because your question seems ridiculous, for what reason x86 from Starter to Ultimate and x64 from Home Basic to Ultimate and you can forget Enterprise version because they cannot be activated by Daz loader. Have you even tried to dual boot yet ?

10. moroon

moroon MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2014
    yes i have tried to dual boot but it did not work while trying to activate both with daz loader
    what has to be done in order to activate them all with daz loader?

11. Registrymop

Registrymop MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2014
    Is there is any disadvantage of installing other..?

12. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Just try and get dual boot going first. Perhaps x64 and x86 not two OS systems the same then come back with some sensible questions or even answer why you want to have 10 windows 7 versions on different partitions there is absolutely no benefit between versions speed wise e.c.t.

13. moroon

moroon MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2014
    i have already managed to work 2 identical windows 7 by activating them as described in my first post.
    are you telling me that it is not possible to dual boot 2 or more identical copies of windows?

the number 10 was an example,i want to have 3 windows 7 so i can use different languages on them but that is not the point,my purpose is irrelevant to what i am trying to do.
    as i told before to the other member do not judge my purpose just please try to answer my question

14. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Do not judge your purpose then give at least some facts you did not mention different languages or even the fact that you did get dual boot working. So if you want answers then give more or even correct information there is a big difference between 10 and 3 any way I personally have never tried dual booting more than two Windows OS systems of the same family and even then I would not do it on a working system I still don't understand why you don't use Virtual machine.

15. moroon

moroon MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2014
    1) i have given all the facts needed at the posts i made in the first page of this thread
    2)I have already stated twice in the first page of the thread that i have managed to work on dual boot and i have explained how.
    3)if i can manage it to work in 3 partitions i can manage it in 10,so no difference
    4)the purpose i need for(the different languages) should not concern you since someone else in the future might need it for some other purpose,so your answers should focus on a way to solve this rather than judging on why i am trying to do this
    5)in all your above answers you do not reply to the single question "How can i boot 10 windows 7 OS using different partitions in the same HD and activating them all using daz loader",you are just trying to figure why i am doing it and you judging negatively my decision to do that by also characterizing it "ridiculous".
    6)from your last answer i suppose you do not know how can i do that.
    7)you still trying to find workarounds to this although i have told you that i need to dual boot and although that i have already answered before why i do not use dual boot.(in short -> i have little ram)

eventually what i see is someone who has not even read the whole thread trying to give an answer and blame the OP for not providing the correct information.
    with no disrespect to your qualifications there is nothing bad to say "i do not know" from the beginning and saving from both of us this waste of time
    and since i probably will not receive an answer i will drop this and look elsewhere
    thank you anyway

16. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I already told you I don't know
    And if you notice this thread has had 722 views so either no one knows or has never tried it.

and then
    Are you still trying to use a pre-activated dvd and none pre-activated I suggest you try with totally untouched dvd's then try Daz loader. If you then get dual boot going and both activated then move on and try installing to other partitions and see what happens.

17. jabberwocky

jabberwocky MDL Member

Aug 28, 2009
    urie is right ,dump the preactivated crap , thats a problem for a start , when dual (or multi) booting allways use clean untouched ISO,s .