questions about functionality windows7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by photoshopnerd, Oct 11, 2010.

1. photoshopnerd

photoshopnerd MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2010
    I'm new to Win7 and have a lot of questions here are a few:

*can windows7 shadow copy or pagefile interfere with proper functionality of programs that allocate diskspace in advance (ie. bittorent client)?

*is it harmful to delete the pagefile now and then and how do you delete the pagefile (also in case of virus etcetera)?

*everytime I move one or more files from my D:\ harddrive to my c:\foldername\ harddrive. Win7 nags me: you need to give permission to be able to make changes or move these files "yes-no". how to get around that?

TIA!

2. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    Disable UAC via the User Account options to get rid of that message

It's not harmful to delete the pagefile if you have 4 GB of RAM or more, you cannot simply delete it. you just have to disable it from the system properties and it's gone, set it to none rather system managed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kain.adolf

kain.adolf MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2010
    You will have to choose select Show hidden files on drive C: just highlight the file and delete it. However, to minimize the resulting page file size is very important to the work of the operating system.

4. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    Thank god this guy is banned! sheeeeesh

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...