Questions about Windows 10 Activation

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by cosminite, Sep 13, 2015.

1. cosminite

cosminite MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2014
    Hello,
    About a year ago i updated a few PC's for a small charity i work for with Windows 7 with Daz 2.2.2, clean install with all the updates installed nicely, will installing windows 10 through the update service/media creation tool be wise at this point, alot of posts on the internet/reddit, Recommend a clean install - daz - media tool(which i've done on my own machine), is there any reason it has to be a clean install?(These machines get used by teenagers but i keep them maintained)

other questions:
    once upgraded through this method (7daz) is the windows 10 for life and just as Legit as anyone else that upgraded using a Legit W7 license?
    I've read they completely wipe your previous windows 7 key and that windows 10 free/upgraded version has no key?
    Any precautions or command prompt edits which will benefit me(i used the stop start up repair for windows 7)?

Thankyou in advance, Cos.:)

2. cosminite

cosminite MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2014
    any help would be great thankyou.

3. cosminite

cosminite MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2014
    Thanks OLDMX but i am planning to upgrade through windows 7 and not clean install.

4. SpeedDream

SpeedDream MDL Addicted

Feb 20, 2012
    install 7, activate with daz, upgrade same edition and after that you're good to go, you can clean install or keep your upgrade

5. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Yes correct

6. cosminite

cosminite MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2014
    so can i not upgrade my older windows 7 machines with windows 10? i activated with daz about a year ago.

7. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    It doesn't matter when you activated windows 7, just upgrade.

But you can skip the upgrade process and just clean install if you want and save the time of upgrading, that's what poster number 3 was trying to tell you. See the link they posted.