Questions around stripped down win10 iso creation plus program choices

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Darkphase, Oct 3, 2021.

1. Darkphase

Darkphase MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2019
    In an attempt to not write a 3000-word essay I won’t include my logic for this setup or why I don't just normal install and then strip.

Will an ISO with the below options kept via MSMG toolkit allow the following to run: Office 365, Adobe acrobat dc, bnet launcher, riot launcher, epic games, steam, nox, and riot games launcher?

Options I set to keep:
    1. 1. Internet explorer
    2. 2. Windows media player
    3. 3. None
    4. 4. None
    5. 5. File history, paint, security centre, system restore, windows backup, windows firewall, wordpad
    6. 6. Azure active directory AppX broker plugin, Content delivery manager, File explorer app, Windows defender app.
    7. Calculator, all the codecs, debating on screen sketch and photos

Unsure: Camera, Win32 web view host (are they needed for webcam access/zoom?). Desktop app installer? (I don’t think I need to sideload apps?)

Also looking at other programs/things I need:
    · Alternative to adobe acrobat dc that doesn’t have the process/services bloat? Main feature I need is the ability to highlight in different colors and add comments to those highlights, signature would be great too (currently use portableapps foxit for signatures). Saw Monkrus does a stripped-down version if that would be suitable?
    · Alternatives to the different launchers that still allow online games but are less resource hogs (aka run less services and stuff like that).
    · Either an app or script to shut off the led’s on my motherboard (gigabyte), graphics card (2070 super - gigabyte), ram (trident z neo).
    · Alternative to iCue for keyboard and mouse? (hoping the settings I saved to them mean I don’t need a program for this but just in case and also in case I ever play Wow again I macro my 12 side keys).

Additionally
    · I heard that applying tweaks in MSMG can cause issues, it that still the case? If not is there any I should apply?
    · Will windows updates try to install all this anyway?
    · If I block updates is there a way to install them without the bloat? (in case of features I want or important security updates).
    · I left defender and related products on as it seems they offer reasonable protection for a reasonable resource cost. But I would be up to hearing if there is a better option. I used to run bitdefender but it was a pain with riot games.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have searched around but keep finding contradictory answers so I figure I would ask it all here to be safe.
    Thanks all.

2. kyle prq

kyle prq MDL Novice

Mar 22, 2018
    if you wanna this kind of customization you can make customized Windows install with VM(any) then generalize (sysprep) image and finally capture ISO with DISM. this way you can accomplish all of above

3. spanishfly

spanishfly MDL Senior Member

Dec 5, 2018
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...