Questions regarding UEFI mod activation and general QA-thread

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by j4ni, Sep 7, 2018.

1. j4ni

j4ni MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2010
    Dear MDL!

1, Is there a permanent BIOS/UEFI mod based activation for Win10 just like we had for Windows7 back in the days?

2, Is it stable are there any drawbacks?

3, My fresh and first Win10 home PC installation is watermarked and I am inclined to use the KMS based periodic registration to get rid of the watermark. If I use the KMS based periodic registration (I have installed the Win 10 x64 Education N) can I later switch to an UEFI mod based permanent activation?

+1,
    Is there an existing Q/A thread I can post these trivial questions so do forums dont need to be littered?

BR!
    J.

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    1. No, there isn't (W10 activation methods (KMS, MSDM, Key or HWID work on both, UEFI or Legacy BIOS).
    2. n/a
    3. You can use @abbodi1406 his KMS_VL_ALL v25 with autorenewal.
    4. There is one but because members keep creating new threads for questions and the Activation thread got a bit abandoned and got unsticky.

ps, official windows 10 builds don't have a watermark, only the nagging for activation.

3. j4ni

j4ni MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2010
    Thanks for the kind answer!

I got the job done with your instructions! :)
    For someone new to the forum its very hard to find the most recent and supported tool. The tool you posted is in the middle of a 179 pages long thread which name does not indicate anything Windows 10 related...

So if I understand correctly, this tool also can activate volume licensed office products?

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    It can activate all KMS capable windows (OEMRET/VL) and VL offices.

5. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 MDL Addicted

Dec 9, 2011
    Btw if you are interested you can check this also:
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/kisskms-android-kms-server-apk.72455/
    Just a 5mb app with no permission(it ask for read write permission for log file which if you don't give it will still work just without log file),install it in your android mobile & it can activate any ms product(windows & office) which support kms activation without need to install anything on any pc.It is basically your own 5mb kms server running in android.

6. wuhoatu

wuhoatu MDL Member

Apr 24, 2009
    You can permanently activate W10 via activating W7.

Preconditions:
    1. Install W7 with MBR mode (UEFI if you have SLIC 2.1 in BIOS), activate with Daz loader
    2. Generate a genuine ticket of your installation by:
    2.1 Copy gatherosstate.exe from your downloaded Windows 10 ISO to your installation HDD which should be upgraded.
    2.2 Connect internet and run it on your activated and validated Windows. It'll output GenuineTicket.xml. Save this on a USB thumb drive or something.
    2.3 Then do a fresh install (UEFI now) with your suitable w10 ISO, skip to enter key at setup procedure.
    2.4 Once it's installed make sure your internet connection is DISABLED/do not enable the internet connection! Reboot w10.
    2.5. Copy GenuineTicket.xml to C:\programdata\microsoft\windows\clipsvc\genuineticket\ of your w10 installation and reboot again.
    2.6. Connect online, it should activate W10. You should not have to do above step to reinstall W10 next time because it is activated with digital lisence.

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #7 Enthousiast, Sep 9, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    2.2 No need for being online when generating the ticket.
    2.3 When 7 SP1 is activated and the ticket is generated, it doesn't matter if the win 10 install is uefi or bios.
    2.4, 2.5 and 2.6 No need for keeping the win 10 install offline when this command is used for applying the genuineticket.xml:
    Code:
    clipup -v -o -altto x:\
    x:\ = where the genuineticket.xml is saved.

8. zaphod77

zaphod77 MDL Junior Member

Nov 6, 2014
    use BIOS mod and UEFI windows 7.
    install windows 10 as upgrade insdie windows 7, and keep nothing.
    done.

you can't directly bios mod activate 10, but you can upgrade bios mod 7 to 10 for free still. MS says it doesn't work, but they haven't disabled it for real yet...

Windslic may work for uefi system for 7, but I wouldn't count on it, as it can soft brick certain bioses, and you have to pull the hard drive to fix it. (you can put it back after the brick is resolved and windslic is removed)

9. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 MDL Addicted

Dec 9, 2011
    Why take chances with windslic etc,simply use VM to free upgrade a bios daz loader activated win 7 ultimate to win 10 pro & then use MS account to transfer activation to real uefi system.