Quick Question regarding 2.0 VS 2.1 slic

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Suckslife, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Suckslife

Suckslife MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2009
    First off thanks in advance for ANY replies...
    Ok I'm wondering if I add slic 2.1 to my bios will be able to activate vista as well or is it not backwords compatiable. My computer came with xp installed about 2-3 months before the release of vista and doesn't have slic 2.0 or 2.1 in the bios by default. I have since flashed the bios with a bios that i have found on this site and then checked to see if slic was present... It is but, activation for vista is not working... (After running through the instructions that came with the bios) I'm sorry this was supposed to be quick... But I believe the problem I'm having is that the Oem id and Oem tables do not match in all the tabs in the ACPI tables. (ie. Slic Tab:OEM ID "HPQOEM"
    OEM Table ID "SLIC-MPC" / RSDT Tab:OEM ID "HPQOEM"
    OEM Table ID "Capell00" / and in a few other tabs OEM ID "HP " OEM Table ID "NISSAN ") Do I have to make sure all of these match in order to activate or just some... And if i would have to change them how would i go about it... I have been searching and reading post for about 3 days and I find info but nothing definitive about it... Oldude's posts seemed like he was having the same problems and he successfully activated but there was not alot of details about his fix... Any help or direction would be appriciated. Again thanx in advance :)

2. esetoric

esetoric MDL Novice

Apr 18, 2009
    2.1 is backwards compatible. I modded my BIOS with the 2.1 Acer SLIC and I'm currently running Vista.

3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Suckslife

Suckslife MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2009
  5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Why have you bumped, when not trying???? :p

7. Suckslife

Suckslife MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2009
    Ok, I'm sorry that I took so long to get back to you... I had some family come over... I'm sure you know how that goes. It worked a treat and I am very happy you came to my aid. From all my searching through the site, before I reged my name, I could tell that you are a very generous person with your time and efforts. Thanks again and good health to you and
    yours :D:D