Quick question

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bdearen, Oct 21, 2009.

1. bdearen

bdearen MDL Junior Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Hey guys so I have a win 7 ultimate X64 up and actiavted with the win7 loader. Everything is working fine. My question is, well first some info. I have 0 knowledge of bios modding. I found my bios on this site that has been modded so I can probable figure out how to flash it and update it to this bios. So on to my question as far as bios modding goes is all it is really is just flashing the updated bios and thats it? or is there other things I need to do. Also would it be a better option to just wait a few days until the 22 and see if my loader is suffecient. Thanks :p I have an Asus P5N-D by the way. So as far as I see it all I need to do is flash my bios with that file since he already did all the modding hard work ect... right?
    I downloaded

Asus P5N-D ver 1101

Modded by Michel
    Tested by tanderson001

SLP: Dell System
    SLIC v2.1: Dell

Method: pubkey

Note: Use EZ-Flash to flash (Alt-F2 during post or in bios setup)

2. bdearen

Oct 3, 2009
    Anyone? :):):):)

3. pauldamo

pauldamo MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    #3 pauldamo, Oct 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  4. eaponte23

eaponte23 MDL Member

Sep 29, 2008
    #4 eaponte23, Oct 21, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
    Flashing the BIOS is pretty easy. I've done it atleast 30 times and haven't bricked a mobo.

Make sure you have a backup of the original BIOS that came with your mobo. Have it on a separate USB stick or bootable media or something. Be patient, sometimes flashing might take longer than usual. Don't dare turn off your PC if you think it froze or something especially if your flashing within Windows. Leave it alone and fight the urge to power down :eek:

Oh and research to see if your mobo has an intergrated BIOS backup. Most have built in ways to restore the BIOS in case of emergency.

5. bdearen

Oct 3, 2009
    ohh another question asus has that handy windows based update program is it ok to apply the new modded bios using that? When I enter the flash utility it can't find my hard drives ect.. idk

6. NiHiLisT

NiHiLisT MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    I would recommend to flash your BIOS through DOS. NOT within Windows.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. NiHiLisT

NiHiLisT MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    #8 NiHiLisT, Oct 21, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. bdearen

Oct 3, 2009
    #9 bdearen, Oct 21, 2009
    (OP)
  9. NiHiLisT

NiHiLisT MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009

You're Welcome!

10. wyrman

wyrman MDL Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Well you could use the loader from Daz. If all fails in a couple of days just uninstall the loader and flash your bios with the modded one. Just my 2 cents.

11. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    If you request a personnal modded bios and supply the modder with an RWreport, then the modded bios will surely work. Flashing will be a 5 minute job, then your good to go...

Flashing a modded bios thats not personnaly modded for your rig, can cause trouble in some cases. It's allways best to let your bios be modded personnaly for you.

Despite that, it's still the best way to get permanently activated...