quick, simple question

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by firefoxdude, Aug 8, 2009.

1. firefoxdude

firefoxdude MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    Hi all, just had a quick question. If i change the windows 7 install dvd and add folders such as Activation tools, applications, etc.. they wont effect the actual windows 7 install correct? I just never like to waste space and with just the install dvd there is a least a free GB or extra of space empty on a 4.7GB dvd that after install is done i have all my apps with me inside of the windows 7 install dvd, along with activators like hazar's.

Will this plan work good? I dont need the apps to be installed during windows install, just have them available on dvd after install is done without messing up the windows 7 ultimate install.

2. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    I think not, as long as you don't modify the install.wim file.

3. Speedy232

Speedy232 MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2009

No problem, you can add a extra folder with your activation tools
    This will not harm the installation of windows 7 at all

4. firefoxdude

firefoxdude MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    thanks, i thought all would be ok. ive seen it done before in some releases, just didnt wanna go through adding everything to the iso, burning it, and finding out i made a mistake ha

5. firefoxdude

firefoxdude MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    Ok, however, if i was to make it so windows installed all my apps during the install which do i need? I have heard of the Waik and the oem preinstallation kit. Which one allows me to add applications to be installed during install? will it also install them doing an upgrade install? and will it prompt for whether or not i want particular apps to be installed on that particular machine? is there a step-by-step guide to do this? i dont need to auto input a serial key or anything, i just want to know for the applications part.

6. EclipseSin

EclipseSin MDL Member

Feb 29, 2008
    To install custom programs, you'll have to setup windows. At OOBE (where you set username, password etc) hit ctrl+shift+F3. Computer will restart in audit mode. A little app will open when you are inside windows, dont close it. Install your apps and stuff. In the program that opened with windows. Make sure enter oobe is selected, and generalize is checked. hit restart. shutdown, make a new wim file.

This is just a rough outline. You'll want to search for full tutorials or guides before doing this. I've had problems doing this with windows 7, unlike I did with Vista.