Quite an effort to upgrade from w 8.1 VL Pro

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by TJms, Nov 11, 2015.

1. TJms

TJms MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2015
    hello, i hope this is ok to post here.

i tried to activate my w7 oem after i booked it when w10 was announced. unfortunately my computer broke and i never got to update. i now rebuilt it and it's basically a new pc. i have tried to upgrade but it would not let me now. So i resorted to trying to get in activated anyway i can. please help to give me instructions on what i should do...

my details

i have a clean w10 intall now on a brand new SDD drive which is not activated. My goal is to activate that.

I have no fragments of my OEM w7 install, it has all been formatted sometime ago before i realized i maybe could have activated it.

i have downloaded w8.1 and i see it is VL Pro x64

my w10 install is w10 pro 64

i figured if i can get hold of a clean km spico i can activate w8.1 and do the clean install like it says here (cant post links yet) tenforums.com/tutorials/23354-clean-install-windows-10-directly-without-having-upgrade-first.html

and since i have already installed my w10, i just need to activate it.

i was planning to do it with w7 and the daz 2.2.2 but i had issues installed w7 so that is why i have installed w8.1 but now i realize daz is only for w7

so i would like to know what i should do now? i have w8.1 now installed, done nothing to it, it says its not activated which is good i guess as i want to do it properly. i will appreciate any tips and walkthroughs...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. TJms

TJms MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2015
    i should mention i have this w8.1 installed on an old drive, the purpose is just to get the activated code to use on my sdd drive with w10 that is not activated

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #4 pisthai, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    Maybe you just download Windows 7 SP1, install and use DAZ Loader for to activate. Then update to Windows 10 without using any Product Key and get auto activated. After that, you could just do a clean install of Windows 10 again and get auto activated again. That would be the fasted and 'cleanest' way to get the clean and virgin Windows 10 free forever.

You could also do an sign up to Windows (10) Insider with an MS Account and use the Insider v ersion of Win dows 10 for the future too!

There many way's to go to where you want to be!! Just use the one which suits you, which is simply up to you!

BTW, Windows 8.1 you couldn't activate with DAZ Loader, here you'll need to us the MTK 2.5 or 2.6!

4. TJms

TJms MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2015
    ok yeah that sounds good, this MTK 2.5 and that is probably what i need. i will look into that as i will go to sleep soon as its late here but i will carry on tommorow and try MTK 2.5 first. if not i will have to get to another cafe or maccas to get some wifi to download this large file again, for windows 7 and i have a link to a good copy its just a matter of getting to a wifi again, takes half a day to download too and done 3 this weeks already, i hope w8 will work first. i did try the clean install method with the copying that exe file to desktop but i only got a notice i need to activate it,

5. Krakatoa

Krakatoa MDL Addicted

Feb 22, 2011
  6. TJms

TJms MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2015
    #7 TJms, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
    (OP)
    that sounds interesting, unfortunately i get this message on fqcebook trying to get the crack

edit: ok I found the link on the left of the fb page, trying now..... ;)

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Scan it intensivly and your system also :)

8. MacAddict01

MacAddict01 MDL Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Facebook is pure evil for many reasons. I wouldn't trust anything off of FB personally and not sure I ever seen a download link for any app on FB till now. Odd.

9. TJms

TJms MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2015
    ok, so i tried this and ran it but my w10 crashed after i ran the clean install method hack but im not sure that caused it as I was having issues with bios and partitions etc.i spent half a day trying every hack i could to get it working but eventually had to do a new w10 install.. anyway w8.1 seemed to activate OK and I was looking forward to then copying the xml file to my w10 folder and boot. it did not activate it and I did this on 2 installs of w10 pro,

will now have to look at other options

maybe i can upgrade w8.1 with my w10 pro iso, how would i know if it can upgrade?

10. TJms

TJms MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2015
    i might try MTK 2.6 beta as that was mentioned earlier before i went to the fb one. i guess i can run that on w8.1 and what then, what is the best way to activate my w10 install on my other good hard drive? can i just run the w10 pro iso from w8,1 and it will upgrade auto and then format my good drive with w10 and hook that drive up and install w10 upgrade from windows of 8.1? or what is the best way to do this besides going and downloading w7 and starting from scratch?

11. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
  12. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    As I understand the 'Rules' of upgrading from older Windows versions (W 7 SP! and/or 8.1) you need to have an activated older version and upgrade from that to Windows 10. That, AFAIK, could be done using either the ESD file or the ISO file. The later one you just could mount in Windows 8.1, or in Windows 7 SP1 (with an 3.party apps to mount ISO's in W7) and start the Windows 10 Setup from within the Windows 8.1, or W7 SP1 File Manager.

While using that way, do NOT insert any Product Key in Windows 10 Setup, even if asked for, just skip that and you would be activated automatically after the setup and config is done.

So it worked for myself and also for the staff of my company without a single problem. OK, our pre-installed older versions of Windows were all legal, nothing pirated, just some of my friends who used pirated Windows were going the same way with no problems. Some of those were using DAZ Loader in Windows 7 and others used MTK in 8.1!

13. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  14. TJms

TJms MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2015
    ok i went ahead and installed w10 from within my w8,1 windows. but before that i activated w8.1 again with lkmspice, as i was unsure about the facebook one. so it just went through the install and it was easy, then it started into windows and i checked and its not activated but has a product key listed as well. i did this on my old drive.

now i still have that copy of w7 that i was not able to install in the first place as it was looking for drivers but i might give it a go and try to burn it again to usb and try to install again....

i must sleep now

15. TJms

TJms MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2015
    well well what do you know, so today I read the sticky thread here about updating to w10 and it mentioed once installed you need to go online for it to activate, This is the first I knew I had to go online for it to activate so I installed my modem and hello i checked the system tab and it says its activated yahooo :clap: fianly.

All i have to do now is work out how to install a fresh clean install onto my new SSD drive and delete this OS? I will look into that now.... ( of course I could do this all over again install w8.1, activate with km spiceo and then connect to upgrade but I hope I can not have to go through the w.8/ install process and just some how run a clean install from the already activated w10...

16. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    So now you've got a HWID activation? Then you can reinstall windows on your ssd, just disable/disconnect your hdd which contains your windows.

Or if you're already using the ssd now (running the current windows on it), just do a clean install from boot and skip the key questions and choose the windows version to which you upgraded.

17. TJms

TJms MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2015
    yeah i have the sdd drive not connected yet. im not sure what HWID is but i just used w8.1 and ugraded after activated 8.1 with spiceo

I will try connected my SSD drive and then try to run the USB w10 iso from within windows to do a clean install on the new drive, im not sure if this will work or if I need to find my product key for this? i have a product ID in system but im not sure about a product key i have read about?

18. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009