Quote of the day

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by pedagogy, Oct 25, 2010.

1. pedagogy

pedagogy Chit Chatter

Jul 31, 2009
    I see some interesting and unique quotes in members signatures.
    So this is a Quote of the day thread;

Confucius say...
    Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok.

I postpone death by living, by suffering, by error, by risking, by giving, by losing.
    Anais Nin

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pedagogy

pedagogy Chit Chatter

Jul 31, 2009
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

“Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.” Buddha

CONFUCIUS SAYS:"Man who smoke pot choke on handle."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    "Reality is simply the loss of ego. Destroy the ego by seeking its identity. Because the ego is no entity it will automatically vanish and reality will shine forth by itself."
    and
    "Happiness is your nature. It is not wrong to desire it. What is wrong is seeking it outside when it is inside"

Sri Ramana Maharshi, his teachings are straight from god.

4. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    15 Laws of Life By "SWAMI VIVEKANANDHA"

1. Love Is The Law Of Life: All love is expansion, all selfishness is contraction. Love is therefore the only law of life. He who loves lives, he who is selfish is dying. Therefore, love for love's sake, because it is law of life, just as you breathe to live.

2. It's Your Outlook That Matters: It is our own mental attitude, which makes the world what it is for us. Our thoughts make things beautiful, our thoughts make things ugly. The whole world is in our own minds. Learn to see things in the proper light.

3. Life is Beautiful: First, believe in this world - that there is meaning behind everything. Everything in the world is good, is holy and beautiful. If you see something evil, think that you do not understand it in the right light. Throw the burden on yourselves!

4. It's The Way You Feel: Feel like Christ and you will be a Christ; feel like Buddha and you will be a Buddha. It is feeling that is the life, the strength, the vitality, without which no amount of intellectual activity can reach God.

5. Set Yourself Free: The moment I have realised God sitting in the temple of every human body, the moment I stand in reverence before every human being and see God in him - that moment I am free from bondage, everything that binds vanishes, and I am free.

6. Don't Play The Blame Game: Condemn none: if you can stretch out a helping hand, do so. If you cannot, fold your hands, bless your brothers, and let them go their own way.

7. Help Others: If money helps a man to do good to others, it is of some value; but if not, it is simply a mass of evil, and the sooner it is got rid of, the better.

8. Uphold Your Ideals: Our duty is to encourage every one in his struggle to live up to his own highest idea, and strive at the same time to make the ideal as near as possible to the Truth.

9. Listen To Your Soul: You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.

10. Be Yourself: The greatest religion is to be true to your own nature. Have faith in yourselves!

11. Nothing Is Impossible: Never think there is anything impossible for the soul. It is the greatest heresy to think so. If there is sin, this is the only sin - to say that you are weak, or others are weak.

12. You Have The Power: All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark.

13. Learn Everyday: The goal of mankind is knowledge... now this knowledge is inherent in man. No knowledge comes from outside: it is all inside. What we say a man 'knows', should, in strict psychological language, be what he 'discovers' or 'unveils'; what man 'learns' is really what he discovers by taking the cover off his own soul, which is a mine of infinite knowledge.

14. Be Truthful: Everything can be sacrificed for truth, but truth cannot be sacrificed for anything.

15. Think Different: All differences in this world are of degree, and not of kind, because oneness is the secret of everything.

5. pedagogy

pedagogy Chit Chatter

Jul 31, 2009
    The best way to get approval is not to need it. Hugh Macleod

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. Terry Pratchett

Anyone who uses the phrase 'easy as taking candy from a baby' has never tried taking candy from a baby. Unknown

6. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    Well, look below :biggrin3:

7. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    If you want to do anything evil,do it before the eyes of your superiors.

-"Swami Vivekanandha"

8. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    "The mind is everything. What you think you become."
    Buddha

9. pedagogy

pedagogy Chit Chatter

Jul 31, 2009
    All intelligent thoughts have already been thought; what is necessary is only to try to think them again. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

All the things I really like are either immoral, illegal or fattening. Alexander Woollcott

10. pedagogy

pedagogy Chit Chatter

Jul 31, 2009
    “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” Dr. Seuss quote

“You are the embodiment of the information you choose to accept and act upon. To change your circumstances you need to change your thinking and subsequent actions.” Adlin Sinclair

"All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer" Dan Castellaneta

11. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    OK today something funny and not philosophic:

"If you lose your left arm your right arm is left."
    Unknown source.

and something philosophic:

"The fear of loss is a path to the dark side."
    Master Yoda at Star Wars
    (Actually a Buddhistic statement and ideology)

12. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    God favors the merciful

The Quran

13. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    "The idea of time is only in your mind. It is not in the Self. There is no time for the Self. Time arises as an idea after the ego arises."

Ramana Maharshi

14. pedagogy

pedagogy Chit Chatter

Jul 31, 2009
    “You are the embodiment of the information you choose to accept and act upon. To change your circumstances you need to change your thinking and subsequent actions.” Adlin Sinclair

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.” Robert McCloskey

15. flare4000

flare4000 MDL Senior Member

Apr 23, 2010
    "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

- Gandhi

16. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Duration based, artificial, linear, clock based false time is truly of the ego...lol

ts

17. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.

-Mahatma Gandhi

How many here knows him,the great personality and the father of my Nation.

@Yen,please make this thread sticky,if you feel it.

18. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    @pikaji123
    I'm not Yen, but I can make it sticky, too ;) So I did.

19. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    I will thank you,even if you're not Yen.
    Anyways good work man!!

20. flare4000

flare4000 MDL Senior Member

Apr 23, 2010
    The will must be stronger than the skill - Muhammad Ali