RAID QUESTION Intel Matrix Storage vs Option Rom Rapid Storage

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by peck1234, Jul 25, 2015.

1. peck1234

peck1234 MDL Member

Jan 16, 2010
    I recently just broke my raid one array to to check the smart status of both of the drivers. I initially set up the raid for my system in 2008 and everything seems to be intact and working fine so obviously want to restore the raid 1. I went into the option rom (post bios) to restore the raid1 and noticed that I couldent do so with out erasing both of the drives and starting a new "clean" raid1. So I decided to use intel rapid storage technology to migrate the 1 drive to other.

My question is. Is there any disadvange to the raid set up in windows vs the option rom? Or is is just the a different way of doing the same thing?

Attached Files:

2. peck1234

peck1234 MDL Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Update turns out the option rom screen updated my raid config from using the windows utility. So basically its just a diffrent way of doing the same thing

3. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    Braking your raid was a brave move. Why not just look at the drive properties through the Rapid Storage Interface - which would of reported an error if there was one...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. peck1234

peck1234 MDL Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Western digital black RE drives last a very long time ; )

5. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

#6 AcuraTML, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2015
    Nice very sweet drives how old are they?
    If your in the 7 year range heads up

I am running 4 500s in my server plus I have 10 black re and 8 blue by WD new in Stock running Unix through the 5 RE as primary's that are looking after a few windows 7 Pro remote work stations the reason I asked I had some black units go down and bad after sometime

6. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

IMS hands down plus you are 100% covered by Intel, Intel now is leaping into the major new projects with Samsung and Apple :) regarding their amazing storage technology