RAM not seen after flash (Asus M2N-E)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ruffrow28, Aug 25, 2009.

1. ruffrow28

ruffrow28 MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
    I had windows 7 RTM 7600.16385 installed already and i flashed the modded bios for an ASUS M2N-E board from a usb flash drive. I used the EZ-Flash utility inside the bios and everything went through. However after rebooting, now it doesn't recognize any of my memory sticks. I have 2 GB and they have worked before. Are the memory sticks bad or now is my motherboard bad? The bios was correct for my motherboard as the model number matched up when i went to flash it.

I have an ASUS M2N-E board and flashed with an HPOEM bios file.

Any ideas?

it says Memory Usable 127 MB
    Memory Installed 0 MB

2. 5ft24

5ft24 MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2009
    Clear your CMOS and see what happens

3. ruffrow28

ruffrow28 MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009

I tried doing that too but no luck, still does not recognize my memory sticks.

What i did was i load setup defaults before I did the flashing. Might that be the cause of it? I flashed it twice because for some reason I thought the first time it didn't go through.. Or could that be the cause of it?

I wanted to re-install a new copy of win7, so I flashed it a second time.

4. ruffrow28

ruffrow28 MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
    Ok, thank you for the links. I just tried re-flashing the latest asus bios from dos using the awdflash program and it worked. After it rebooted, it recognizes both my memory sticks now (2GB). I also did a clean install of Windows 7 and everything is back up and running now. Thank you again! :)

5. duvidczcz

duvidczcz MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2011
    Hi, I have the same problem like rufrrow28 on the top of this post, I flashed new bios 1703 (old 1202) and now I dont se Ram on bios (instaled memory 0, usable memory 127 MB) i try new beta bioses (3001,5001) but the problem still. Can you help me please? Sorry for my bad english.

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Did you flash from dos using the awdflash program as instructed do not use EZ-Flash utility.

7. duvidczcz

duvidczcz MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2011
    I tried it, I make boot USB flash disk with HP USB disk storage format tool , copy AWDFLASH and new bios on formated boot flash disk, I set a boot from removable disk on PC, after boot a I se only this message: diskboot failure insert system disk and press enter ... now i tried make bootable CD with awdflash...

8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  9. duvidczcz

duvidczcz MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2011
    Problem solved ! I boot from CD, flash new bios and now it work ! Thank you.