Ramdisk in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Goreilly, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Goreilly

Goreilly MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2010
    Is there a version of Ramdisk that will install on Windows 7? I attempted to install the Vista version and get a "Failed" mesage.

Thanks,

Greg O'Reilly

2. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. aldinof

aldinof MDL Novice

Dec 10, 2009
    I used in my vista n win xp.....
    thx bro, i'm gonna try in win 7 ultimate.... :)

4. Goreilly

Goreilly MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2010
    Gavotte Ramdisk

I cannot even get Ramdisk to install. Is it possible it will not work because I am running the 64 bit version of Windows 7

5. spacednow

spacednow MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    I have 7 x64, worked on mine but I didn't see any advantage from it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. TheInVisibleGoD

TheInVisibleGoD MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2010
    It worked for me on 7 64bits...

7. Goreilly

Goreilly MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2010
    Install Results

When I run the Ramdisk.exe install program I get the install window to come up but all the buttons or options are dimmed except the "Install" button. When I click on the "Install" button, A window pops up that says "Failed".

At this point, the drive letter shows up in the Windows Explorer window but cannot be accessed.

8. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
  9. Goreilly

Goreilly MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2010
    Dataram

Thanks for the input. I downloaded and installed the software but did not see anyplace I could assign a drive letter at creation time. It defaulted to "N" but I was able to change it under disk management. Can the drive letter be assigned at install time?

Thanks,

Greg

10. Goreilly

Goreilly MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2010
    Drive Letter assignment

Thank you for the recommendation. I downloaded the software and installed it. During the install I didn't notice any place I could assign the drive letter I wanted to use. The install program assigned the letter "N" which I was able to change using the disk management functions of Windows 7.

Is there a way to assign the letter at install time? It is entirely possible that I just missed it.

Thanks,

Greg

11. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    #13 JBenal, Jan 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  12. Goreilly

Goreilly MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2010
    Thank You!!

Greg