Random BSOD issues C0000135

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Raain, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Raain

Raain MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2009
    I keep getting these c0000135 Errors, but the annoying thing is its not telling me what file is causing the error, and doesnt do any type of minidump etc.

The full error is:

STOP: C0000135 The program can't start because %hs is missing. Try reinstalling the program...

Doesnt say what program :biggrin: Second clean install of Win 7 Ultimate, on my X460 laptop, ice done a chkdsk and other HDD scans, they all come out fine.

any ideas?

2. Airclocker

Airclocker MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    When did you start getting the errors, was it after you installed a program or perhaps windows updates?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Type memory in the search box, you should see windows memory diagnostic, click on it and tell it to check the ram on reboot.

Also, post your system specifications so we know what we are dealing with. This sounds like a hardware issue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Raain

Raain MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2009
    I think it was Google Chrome that was causing issues, since uninstalling it i havent had a crash.

Anyway, i did a memtest with memtest86+ it passed fine. I checked the HDD with both CHKDSK and had zero bad sectors.

Ill post up the system specs a little later, ill do a memory check again.

It is/was wither software or drivers, thing is without installing manufacture drivers it was working OK, once i started putting drivers on there is when i started getting small glitches, but so far its been fine...ill post again if it happens today, but last night was BSOD free...

5. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    that sounds like a virus dude. What program developer creates a file name "%HS"? The reason you are or were getting the BSODs was because for some reason something was trying to call that file and fails to find it.

6. jradomsk

jradomsk MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2009
    try installing .net framework 3.5sp1 and then apply the updates.. I have seen this error a few times and installing the latest .net solverd it.. let me know if it works for you...

7. Raain

Raain MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2009
    Its not a virus, considering i got the ISO from Digital River, and installed stuff directly from their makers websites, nothing else. This was happening on a clean install, using Chrome, Firefox, Open Office, and TheBat for e-mail. Thats all i had, other than my drivers.

Ive not had one occur today either, i THINK it was a Chrome thing, i tried using the beta AND the stable and it happens with both.
    I had been getting dll errors using the newest nVidia drivers but went back to 186.81 and those stopped.

System specs are as follows:

Intel Centrino 2 @ 2.53GHz (no overclocking)
    3 GB Memory (clean, checked with memtest and windows memory)
    nVIDIA GeForce Go 9200M GS (Using 186.81 forceware, latest was giving me dll problems)
    250GB Seagate HDD also clean.

Ill update .NET and see if that solves anything also. Thanks for suggestion.

8. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    #8 sam3971, Mar 23, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  9. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    %hs would appear to be a variable, in this case one that hasnt been set...

10. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    good point

11. Raain

Raain MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2009
    I tried the Beta driver, didnt help still had issues. I always try moving up then rolling back :)

I highly doubt its a virus, i have a virus scanner running as well (Avira) and it hasnt picked up anything.

Thanks for the help again, but so far so good, ill update .NET anyway.

12. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    What I would do too is download a copy of Western Digital's Data Lifeguard boot ISO, copy it to a disk, boot up the disk and run the quick test. See if any error codes come up other then "0000". If they do then most likely your issue is caused by your hdd. Report the error code back and I can look it up for you.

13. Raain

Raain MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2009
    Just a note to say .NET 3.5.1 is already installed on Windows 7 so thats not the problem.

14. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Like I said try Data Lifeguard to test your harddrive for issues. Believe it or not when my computer kept freezing up I decided to run that tool and well, it told me basically according to the error codes that my harddrive had physical damage to it(Which I was like WTF because I never dropped it and I was always careful with it) but I was able to get a new one for free with the warrantee but that only lasts so long so basically the sooner you run it the better because if it is your harddrive you may be able to RMA it and get a new one for free.

15. Raain

Raain MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2009
    I got the ISO, ill be doing the scan when i get home.

Im not too worried about returning the HDD, they are way too cheap today to bother about that :D

16. myamar

myamar MDL Junior Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Well, in last days I am having troubles with BSODs as well (that remind to say "thank you" to sam3971 who replied to my BSOD thread :D). First of all I guess in my case it was Comodo Firewall v4. But yesterday BSOD happened to my friend while I was restarting his laptop after installing updates for Avira Antivir Premium v9 (those updates required reboot). And today they released versions 10 for all of their products and problem's gone. It's just a guess as I saw your post about using Avira as well :)

17. domerator

domerator MDL Novice

Mar 24, 2010
    Hi all!
    I also had random BSOD on my Lenovo s10-2 netbook under win7 ultimate and enterprise. My experience was that the guilty part was the Ericsson f3507g 3G card driver. I used last time XP drivers and now all are OK... no BSOD in the hardest conditions (switching the hardware switch off). My suggestion is to check and play with the win7 drivers even if your laptop/pc has no such a card.

18. Raain

Raain MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2009
    Hmm still using Version 9 of Avira ill update anyway. Ill be doing the hdd scan later in the day.