Random internet disconnects in Win 7 x64

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by varunb, Aug 11, 2009.

1. varunb

varunb MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2008
    I have been experiencing these internet disconnects since the day I performed upgrade install in my PC (from build 7264 to 7600.....no errors before, during or after the install). I haven't been able to trace the root cause of this. I also did a complete clean install of all the updated network, sound, chipset drivers using driver sweeper. I am using updated modem firmware. This occurs even if I am playing games online or surfing. Even google searching didn't help. I have also unchecked the 'Save power...' option in Network Adapter properties in Device manager.

Any other suggestions or has anyone faced this problem & fixed it ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Lenmaer

Lenmaer MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2009
    I would first recommend to make a clean fresh new install of Seven to see if it still appears.
    With an update you're never sure.

3. l33tlinuxh4x0r

l33tlinuxh4x0r MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    I had the same problem. It was with my wifi. I was using the built in Microsucks driver and then upgraded to the vista x64 version of the Atheros driver and havent had a problem since.

Note: i am running x64 and have an Atheros wifi card. Change the driver accordingly.

4. varunb

varunb MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2008
    #4 varunb, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
    (OP)
    Clean installation is always the last option. I am hoping some other helpful way comes up.

I am not using any wifi router. I have a Realtek PCIe adapter. Also, I was using Vista x64 drivers before I went for win 7 drivers. I download my drivers from realtek only.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Lenmaer

Lenmaer MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2009
    Not if you didn't do a proper clean install first. :(

6. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    What model is that PCIe? Reason why i ask is because sometimes different makers will use the same driver(some have small changes). I had to use a modded driver from vista x64 to get mine to work on my Win 7 x64. Even though my PCIe is made by AMDtek, had to use the some made by linksys. Same driver under a different name.

7. varunb

varunb MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2008
    OK.....its Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller 8168...thats what its saying in system information....funny it doesn't show the complete name like it shows in the device manager of Vista.

8. varunb

varunb MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2008
    Nope...the one you gave me give me the error 'This version does not supports Windows Vista'.

9. Gazzasore

Gazzasore MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009

Any updates on this problem
    I have the same problem
    have done the fresh install ,updated drivers etc etc

But the problem still persists any help will be most welcome

10. Gazzasore

Gazzasore MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Come on there are many people with this problem someone must know of a fix