Rats in my computer

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by pavve, Nov 15, 2016.

  1. pavve

    pavve MDL Novice

    Oct 31, 2016
    4
    0
    0
    Hi,

    after last update i ran fsc /scannow and found two icrav03.rat files corrupted.
    I tried to fix it by copying both from another machine but now sfc /scannow tells me that they cannot be decompressed.
    Here are excerpts from the log:
    View attachment sfc.txt
    I have no idea what to do now.

    Thanks for your help
     
  2. Joe C

    Joe C MDL Guru

    Jan 12, 2012
    2,565
    1,402
    90
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tiger-1

    Tiger-1 MDL Guru

    Oct 18, 2014
    3,823
    4,124
    120
    @Joe C you is 100% correct, this type of files according Solvsoft are made by MSFT so is the OP need follow your instructions still nothing that refer to rats LOL:biggrin:
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. pavve

    pavve MDL Novice

    Oct 31, 2016
    4
    0
    0
    Thanks
    I have scanned both rat files when sfc marked them as corrupted but virus scans were clean.

    New ones are clean also but it says it's not able to decompress.
    consequence is that Dism will not be able to repair WinSXS
    I don't know what to do if anything.
     
  5. pavve

    pavve MDL Novice

    Oct 31, 2016
    4
    0
    0
    #5 pavve, Nov 15, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    (OP)
    thaks Bat.1

    i have downloaded newer iso from microsoft about a month ago
    first when sfc reported corruption i made an attemt to use Dism with external source for repair but it didn't work
    after i replaced the files but sfc still wasn't happy i just assumed it wouldn't work. But your post pushed me to try again

    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:R:\Sources\install.esd/LimitAccess

    and Dism reported succsess

    but sfc /scannow still spit errors

    i've run Dism again than reboot
    but still same errors from sfc.

    files couldn't be decompressed