Razer Blackwidow Ultimate on windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by jazzar, Aug 19, 2012.

1. jazzar

jazzar MDL Junior Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Ok heres the deal, cant change my macro keys or edit them and the funny thing, razer provides a software called "Razer synapse" which works *ok* on windows 7 but on windows 8 it doesnt detect the keyboard even if it try to run as compatible on windows 7.

So any ideas ?

2. jazzar

jazzar MDL Junior Member

Aug 11, 2012
    So any thoughts ?

3. snorge

snorge MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2012
    I think you need to wait for an update from Razer, I know I installed the synapse software for my deathadder and it gave me horrible input lag however it worked fine in Win 7.

4. Jonny_doe

Jonny_doe MDL Novice

Mar 22, 2008
    i have the same problem , have you found a work around ??

5. yodamf

yodamf MDL Novice

Mar 1, 2010
    I don't use macros or anything, so I never click over to the Razer software. But for the heck of it I double clicked it and sure enough, it exclaimed that there is no BlackWidow device connected and it closed itself.

6. hybridseries

hybridseries MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2012
    I've got an old Fatal1ty gaming mouse (never buy anything with the "Fatal1ty" name on it, horribly cheap materials, even the headphones break apparently) that they never bothered updating the drivers and custom software for beyond XP because they were getting too many complaints about the product. It has custom buttons and other changes, but the software doesn't work natively with Vista or Windows 7 (it'll install but won't change the mouse settings.) I got it to work by setting the installer to compatibility mode with an older service pack that I know it worked with, installing it, then setting the application for compatibility with that same service pack. Dunno that it would work the same with your keyboard (or if you've already tried setting compatibility mode on both the installer and the final program) but if you download the software it might be worth a shot.

7. nicktorn

nicktorn MDL Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Any update on this? Would really like to get macros working.

8. Jonny_doe

Jonny_doe MDL Novice

Mar 22, 2008
    Razer say that there won't be an update until window 8 is officially launched ...

night mare hey :(

9. redviper

redviper MDL Novice

Feb 19, 2008
    I rolled back to release preview on my home machine, but my work machine (on Windows 7) got a razer update yesterday. Has anyone tried the new update with Windows 8 RTM to see if it fixes the issue?

10. nicktorn

nicktorn MDL Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Unacceptable since Windows 8 was officially released as soon as the RTM hit.

11. Jonny_doe

Jonny_doe MDL Novice

Mar 22, 2008
    That's exactly what i thought

12. jazzar

jazzar MDL Junior Member

Aug 11, 2012
    so far got 3-4 updates and none works till now on windows 8, yup razer as we know it. FAIL!

13. nicktorn

nicktorn MDL Member

Aug 24, 2012
    I think this is a pretty big deal. Razer is one of the official Windows 8 supporters/partners too, if I am not mistaken.

14. hybridseries

hybridseries MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2012
    Not really. Though the OS is feature-complete, it's not "officially released" until the street date hits. Hence the "official" release date. Setting a street date allows other companies to plan their driver/software updates and gives them a timetable to have them ready by... even if the OS is released early or is leaked to online communities, it doesn't change when the "official" release date of the operating system is.

15. Kronz

Kronz MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2011
    Yes, it's Synapse's fault. I have these problem with Synapse on Windows 7 with my Naga Epic mouse.

Here is what it does for me on Windows 7.

-When I wake it computer from sleep it won't detect my mouse at all and won't apply my settings to it.
    -May or may not detect the mouse after a reboot.
    -Randomly loses connection to the mouse and pops an ugly window with a text "Please connect a Synapse 2.0 enabled device".
    -Patches itself almost every week with new "features" and right after the first patch they release a patch "to fix new bugs".

Pathetic piece of garbage. I didn't expect THIS kind of quality from RAZER!

Just go there, dig up their contact email and talk to Support. Let them know their software is total garbage and what problems it's causing you so they can fix it faster.

16. Kronz

Kronz MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2011
    We are the early adopters. Now we have to pay the price for our impatience and put up with all the software and hardware incompatibilities we run into.

17. xomniversex

xomniversex MDL Member

Sep 20, 2012
    i ended up RMA'ing my 2013 Blackwidow ultimate and getting a Corsair K90-- Its not fully mechanical unfortunately but at least Corsair doesnt embargo drivers and patronize power users with canned responses more appropros for novices.

For Gamers by Gamers? Only if you're not a power user gamer I suppose. I also am sick of Razer's closed wall practice -- no forums, only feedback is through their facebook page, never providing beta/alpha drivers, treating all users like they are dunces -- note i blame the corporation for that not the tech support staff they are only doing what they are instructed i can sense the frustration as they want to break NDA and give me useful information but would lose their jobs and so they stick to the script.

So I went with a company that isn't afraid to throw me an untested firmware BIN file and discuss APIs within their drivers and other stuff considered a cardinal sin by Razer. I use to be such a big fan of Razer but then I realized I falled for marketing. They are the Bose of gamer peripherals.

18. Jonny_doe

Jonny_doe MDL Novice

Mar 22, 2008
    Well just over a week until windows 8 comes out , and STILL no update to get this keyboard to work ..... o_O

19. hybridseries

hybridseries MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2012
    Didn't they say before that there wouldn't be an update until after the Windows 8 launch, though? If it's over a week until it comes out then they haven't quite violated that as yet.

20. Jonny_doe

Jonny_doe MDL Novice

Mar 22, 2008
    Well after update today , my blackwidow now works with windows 8 , about time ..