rbi baseball

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Pasta88, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Pasta88

Pasta88 MDL Addicted

Jun 17, 2009
    Does anyone play this game? If yes, i have a question for you plz.

2. catsmoke

catsmoke MDL Novice

Feb 9, 2018
    To which version of R.B.I. Baseball are you referring?

I've played two of its four editions quite a bit, but I have not yet played the latest version, R.B.I. Baseball 17 on the Nintendo Switch.

Baseball computer and video games have been a focus of mine for a long time (and I played baseball in school, though not very well). Please share your question.

3. Pasta88

Pasta88 MDL Addicted

Jun 17, 2009
    I installed rbi baseball 16 on a win 7 machine as someone suggested and i cant get it to work on a pc. Would u know how to get it to work? Like which other S/W is needed like direct X, c++ runtimes? Anything else? thx

4. catsmoke

catsmoke MDL Novice

Feb 9, 2018
    I can't say with any certainty, because I haven't dealt with the game first-hand. I'm sorry. I do appreciate your asking the question, as I'd requested.

Are you getting an error message? If so, please share it.

From what I can find, doing some research on the web, you need to have at least the following, installed on your computer, in order to play R.B.I. Baseball 16 on a PC running Windows:
    1. DirectX: Version 9.0c
    2. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, 4.0
    3. Microsoft Visual C++ 2005, 2008, 2010 redistributable packages
    These are what I could find, and they make sense, to me. Games that I have installed on my own computer, and played, that are very similar to R.B.I. Baseball 16, have had very similar software requirements. (I tried to link to the sources where I found this information, but I was forbidden from doing so, for not having yet made the minimum number of posts yet, during my tenure on this site.)

I hope that you have success, in your attempts to get the game working, and I hope that you have fun, playing it.

Personally, I am looking forward to the upcoming release of Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings 2. It has a hokey name, but I played the first edition several seasons, and it was an excellent game. Its gameplay was superb, and that is my most important criteria. This upcoming edition has extensive customization options. I recommend the first version without reservation, and I am optimistic about this upcoming new release.

5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Is it the legit download from Steam or the scene release? Any specific error have you faced?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...