rbi baseball

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Pasta88, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Pasta88

Pasta88 MDL Expert

Jun 17, 2009
    Does anyone play this game? If yes, i have a question for you plz.

2. catsmoke

catsmoke MDL Novice

Feb 9, 2018
    To which version of R.B.I. Baseball are you referring?

I've played two of its four editions quite a bit, but I have not yet played the latest version, R.B.I. Baseball 17 on the Nintendo Switch.

Baseball computer and video games have been a focus of mine for a long time (and I played baseball in school, though not very well). Please share your question.

3. Pasta88

Pasta88 MDL Expert

Jun 17, 2009
    I installed rbi baseball 16 on a win 7 machine as someone suggested and i cant get it to work on a pc. Would u know how to get it to work? Like which other S/W is needed like direct X, c++ runtimes? Anything else? thx

4. catsmoke

catsmoke MDL Novice

Feb 9, 2018
    I can't say with any certainty, because I haven't dealt with the game first-hand. I'm sorry. I do appreciate your asking the question, as I'd requested.

Are you getting an error message? If so, please share it.

From what I can find, doing some research on the web, you need to have at least the following, installed on your computer, in order to play R.B.I. Baseball 16 on a PC running Windows:
    1. DirectX: Version 9.0c
    2. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, 4.0
    3. Microsoft Visual C++ 2005, 2008, 2010 redistributable packages
    These are what I could find, and they make sense, to me. Games that I have installed on my own computer, and played, that are very similar to R.B.I. Baseball 16, have had very similar software requirements. (I tried to link to the sources where I found this information, but I was forbidden from doing so, for not having yet made the minimum number of posts yet, during my tenure on this site.)

I hope that you have success, in your attempts to get the game working, and I hope that you have fun, playing it.

Personally, I am looking forward to the upcoming release of Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings 2. It has a hokey name, but I played the first edition several seasons, and it was an excellent game. Its gameplay was superb, and that is my most important criteria. This upcoming edition has extensive customization options. I recommend the first version without reservation, and I am optimistic about this upcoming new release.

5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Is it the legit download from Steam or the scene release? Any specific error have you faced?