RDP help

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by lunar21, Dec 13, 2013.

1. lunar21

lunar21 MDL Addicted

Dec 14, 2008
    Hello all,

I am trying to log into my desktop from my laptop via RDP from my own network. I have RDP'ed before via my work and it has worked no problems but I am doing it from my own network. Problem I am facing is whenever I RDP from my laptop to my desktop, the desktop auto logins back and I get disconnected. I do have auto login on my desktop but as I said it never has caused problems before. Am I doing something wrong...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. cyberbot

cyberbot MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2011
    what OS does your laptop have?
    how did you enable the log in on the Win 8 RDP ? did you chose to enable log in with Domain idetification ?

3. lunar21

lunar21 MDL Addicted

Dec 14, 2008
    both run 8.1, I enabled it thru the normal way via rmote settings. As for domain ID, what do you mean... I use the user name and password for my desktop to log in. Like I said before it worked fine from my work PC (running windows 7 ulti).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. lunar21

lunar21 MDL Addicted

Dec 14, 2008
    Anyone able to help me out?