re-install IE 11 on windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by EliardNotNeru, Nov 28, 2022.

1. EliardNotNeru

EliardNotNeru MDL Novice

Nov 26, 2022
    i installed a brand new windows, but i modified my iso with ntlite to debloat it, but i uninstalled IE 11 thinking i would not need it, turns out i did but windows update does not work anymore, any methods to install it?

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Very simple, take the original Windows iso and install as should and I'm pretty sure everything will work as it should.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. EliardNotNeru

EliardNotNeru MDL Novice

Nov 26, 2022
    damm, there is no way to install it without re-installing windows? i tried messing around with WHdownloader but i have no idea what i should update to make internet explorer apear again

4. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Reinstalling will take you an hour or two depending on your system, but the search may take several days or much longer and you will still get not fully functional or will get damaged result and you will end up doing a new installation anyway.
    So, which is faster and more efficient?
    Since IE is part of Windows 10 and not a standalone program, you'll hardly find an installer and it's hard to restore because no one knows exactly what you removed and what else is damaged by it.
    You can try dism online restore health, but I personally don't think it will save or help you. If you believe, you can try. But you can't use a local fix if your original copy was already modified and corrupted.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...