Re-Installing W10 PRo

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by master44tr, Jun 20, 2016.

1. master44tr

master44tr MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2013
    Hi everyone,

I have been using w10 pro for 8 months both on my desktop and laptop. I want to make a fresh install on both of my machines.

I had used daz, activated 7 and fresh installed w10. Finally used GenuineTicket.xml trick.

Is it okay to format all harddrives and make a full installation or should I backup GenuineTicket.xml before starting the formatting process? I mean in installation process, do I have to write any keys or skip it?

2. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    No need to do anything special just:

1. Use the same edition again
    2. Stay connected during full install process to the Internet (very important for activation)
    3. No keys to insert at all.
    4. After getting to the desktop Windows should be activated (digital entitlement)

3. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    May I ask why so close to the new build do you want to fresh install now only to do it again soon?:confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

Formatting is pointless even if you want a fresh install.

Unless you have serious doubts about the health of your your FS, just launch the installation from the desktop and choose to keep nothing or just your personal files.

The old installation will be moved on the windows.old folder. And that is handy to get any driver back quicly or to recover a document.

When you're sure that everything is fine you can delete the windows.old folder.

Same result as format, less risk to loose important things, less time wasted.

5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    You simply could do a reset/refresh from the settings app > recovery. You can choose to keep or delete old files.

But as lobo already stated, why now and not wait a month and a few days, and do it with the new RS1 release.

6. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    I'm with Enthousiast. Just do a Rest. Less hassle.
    I'd only do a new install if I wanted my updated apps included in me recovery...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. master44tr

master44tr MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2013
    I am not going to do it now. I am planning to make a fresh install after a new version of win 10 pro is released. Another reason, because I have been using a lot of different programs for finding the ideal ones like video converters, mp3 cutters, pdf, ocr, security backup programs and various programs from giveaway sites, my computer is full of unnecessary programs. I noted down useful programs. After a new version, I will make a fresh installation and set up my ideal programs and back up it. Then rest.:biggrin: