Re-Installing Windows / One Drive

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Super Spartan, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    With Dropbox, when I reinstall Windows / Dropbox, I simply guide it to the folder where my Dropbox is and within a few minutes, it syncs everything knowing that the files haven't changed and if a file did change, it would simply put a copy of the older one.

Now with OneDrive, if I had to reinstall Windows, even after pointing the location of OneDrive to my previous OneDrive folder, rather than simply checking for changes and quickly finishing, it ignores all the current files available and starts downloading everything from scratch as if my OneDrive folder stored locally on my computer was empty! now currently I have 30 GB of files on my OneDrive folder with a limit of 1TB so you can imagine that would take days to finish when the space fills up.

Is there a better way of doing this to quickly only scan for changes and if a file already exists locally to skip it? or is this just bad implementation of how Micro$h4ft made OneDrive?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...