Re: No Key Management Service (KMS) could be contacted

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by Madman_man, May 21, 2014.

1. Madman_man

Madman_man MDL Novice

May 21, 2014
    I know this is a common problem and I've have tried and tried to sort this without bothering you kind people. I've done about 50 searches and every thread relating to this issue ends with the solution to wipe one's computer back to a clean Win7/Win8 install.

I'm in a tough spot where it will take me a very long time to wipe my PC. I would like to avoid it if possible. This is why I've been trying so hard to find a solution from a older thread but to no avail.

I've tried WTK, KMSNano, KMSpico. Manual CMD Activation and KMS Activation Helper. Each time I get an error message along the lines of. "No Key Management Service (KMS) could be contacted"

I believe my problem comes from the fact I moved from Office 2010 to Office Pro Plus 2013. This is the problem most people seem to share with me. But I don't understand why this issue should affect it. I've used all possible uinstallers such as REVO Uninstaller, CCleaner and Brute force going through regedit and picking through key values for Office15 etc.

I just need any help available as the furthest I can get it activating. The programs work fine until I restart and then when I open Outlook for example. A Installer window pops up and asks me to restart. Telling me that my product key is invalid.

I have a VL version of the suite and have tried disabling firewalls and antivirus.

Any help much appreciated.

I'm quite competent but the error codes don't shed much light on the problem.

2. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Wipe the Office install and reinstall.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Madman_man

Madman_man MDL Novice

May 21, 2014
    Thanks S1ave77 for you speedy reply.

I've tried removing office with WTK, by window's Uninstaller then CCleaner to clean the Registry. And with Revo uninstaller.

Every time I reinstall the Office suite. (I've tried about 5-6 different ISOs) I get the the same place as last time.

I believe that the issue is down to something hidden away, not in the install directory or the registry.

Surely there must be something in the KMS coding that reveals this.

If I had any clue about 2nd or 1st Generation coding I would look myself.

But thanks anyway

4. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    What Windows you use? Did you try with latest versions (see first line of my signature)?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Madman_man

Madman_man MDL Novice

May 21, 2014
    I am currently using Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. Full updated. I tried all of the links, 2 of which seemed to only work with Windows 8/8.1. The error message mentioned on the first post was a common problem with all activators.

I used Windows Toolkit 2.5.1 and KMSpico, KMSnano and KMS Activation Helper.

6. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
  7. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    No key management could be contacted... hmm
    This actually sounds like an anti-virus problem, more than an Office problem.
    If you have some sort of a/v program, you will need to fully allow both the program and any firewall traffic to run through the a/v program's settings.

If you think that this might be the case but you aren't smart enough to figure out how to allow programs through your security, try uninstalling the a/v software and retrying your activators.

8. Madman_man

Madman_man MDL Novice

May 21, 2014
    Hello Murphy78 and Windsman,

Thank you for our replies.

I've made a little progress thanks to your help. I think the is behind my problems with office.

In the directory C:/Common Files/Microsoft Shared/

I found 3 folders. OFFICE11 OFFICE12 & OFFICE15.

I think these are fossils from all previous installs and may be causing the activation issues. I'm gonna remove them .

This is to do with the trial versions leaving a note for future installs that I have already had a trial. Creating the dialogue that appears when I install Office 2013 and restart. Saying that

Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 configuration did not complete successfully.
    Error 25004. The product key you entered cannot be used on this machine. This is most likely due to previous Office 2013 trials being installed. (System error: -1073418212)"

Fingers Crossed.

9. Ben Richman

Ben Richman MDL Novice

Apr 17, 2018
    And no reply years later, thanks for nothing OP