Reactivate my Windows 8 Pro?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by dr_drache, Mar 1, 2013.

1. dr_drache

dr_drache MDL Novice

Feb 14, 2010
    Quick, and possibly stupid question,

I just removed my KMS-XXX (i used both nano, and pico) which i was using for office activations.
    I have retail Windows 8, with legit key.

I was installing autoKMS with Microsoft Tool kit, I wasn't paying FULL attention and it converted to a KMS activated windows
    (i totally thought that Cody took that feature out, guess not, or I read wrong)

My question is,
    Do i just Insert my key (retail) using the tool? then reactivate? or is there something else to try? I know with autoKMS i'll stay activated, but I would like to switch back.

thanks for your time!

(yes, I am reading threads, and if i find the answer before someone is kind enough to tell me, I'll edit this post letting people know.)

2. wolf69

wolf69 MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009

only thing u need to do is slmgr /ipk with ur key in command prompt then slmgr/ato

3. dr_drache

dr_drache MDL Novice

Feb 14, 2010
    #3 dr_drache, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
    (OP)
    thank you very much, I know it's a question that should have been self explanatory, thank you again.

EDIT, slmgr /ato errors for me.

h**p://i.imgur.com/1QBep1y.png

I am a true idiot, It's activated. thanks all.

Attached Files:

4. pravin.kumar

pravin.kumar MDL Novice

May 21, 2013
    Hie bro please help me....:'( I hav got the same issue Like this..Please read my thread here:
    "Iam having genuine windows 8 pro OS which came with my HP G6 Series Laptop. As one of my friend said that I can activate windows media center in my OS & He gave me one product key to activate it. I followed his instructions and as soon as I entered that product key and activated the Media Center on my PC after restarting, a dialogue box appeared saying that My Genuine Product Key of my Windows 8 is BLOCKED & Dont know really what to do..:( :'(

And Later I said my friend about this issue & he said that he fetched that serial key from youtube which is not Genuine.. SO FINALLY IN THE COURT OF MICROSOFT RULES, I GOT BUSTED IN THIS WAY UNKNOWINGLY...:'( :(
    Please friends can anybody show me the possible ways in RE-ACTIVATING MY SAME OLD GENUINE WINDOWS 8 PRODUCT KEY WHICH IS BLOCKED.???

PLEASE HELPPP..._/\_"

I found my problem is as similar as of yours.. So please can you give me more details to re-activate it.?????
    Thank you a lot in Advance...:)

5. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    Best is you ask MR.: dawnsun, he is the guy for the difficult :D
    You easily will find his name on this forum. I'm too old and only good for BS in someone's opinion on this forum. Thanks for your understanding

6. pravin.kumar

pravin.kumar MDL Novice

May 21, 2013
    Thank You for Reply... Will make it now..

7. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    ... if he cannot help you should ask members with more than only 53 posts :biggrin5:

8. pravin.kumar

pravin.kumar MDL Novice

May 21, 2013
    As i have posted only 4 posts in this forum, I couldn't able to message my problem to him, the website says I need minimum of 10 Posts to be posted..
    So if anybody can help me here itself would be truly & heartily appreciated..
    Thank You in advance..:)

9. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    did you think about gett'n rid of this malicious key in any way?

10. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    perhaps this helps prior to call HP:

1. Open a command prompt as an Administrator.
    2. Enter slmgr /upk and wait for this to complete. This will uninstall the current product key from Windows and put it into an unlicensed state.
    3. Enter slmgr /cpky and wait for this to complete. This will remove the product key from the registry if it's still there.
    4. Enter slmgr /rearm and wait for this to complete. This is to reset the Windows activation timers so user will be prompted to activate Windows when they put in the key.
    This should put the system back to a pre-key state.

After you reboot, system might find your original key out of the bios and activate again without WMC