READ THIS! Mods bios in all manufactured without erasing ur previous BIOS!

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by ar_seven_am, May 17, 2010.

1. ar_seven_am

ar_seven_am MDL Senior Member

Mar 7, 2010
    #1 ar_seven_am, May 17, 2010
    Last edited: May 17, 2010
    It was my experiment actually n thx Urie for providing link for some manufactured (u're great man, hope GOD will bless n keep u!). Have u mods ur bios succesfull to add slics 2.0 or 2.1 but later u found ur bios data changed (S/N, Manufactured, Product Name, etc). Then U've to rewrite or restore to it's original (dooooh so much wasting time:mad:) n sometimes it can't restore all of ur data (I've got prove in my lappy o_O). This always happen to everyone here to request bios mods so now I'll give u a clue, I'll guaranty (but not 100% I'm human anyway I can be wrong heheh :D) ur bios data will not changed even u've mods ur bios.
    1. Extract ur bios file n tools into usb stick n format with fat 32 (don't use ntfs) with usb format tools like hpusb or else n make it bootable.
    2. Check the size of ur bios file but not with extension *.exe example in Insyde the file have extension *.fd the size will be 1024 KB or in Gigabyte with Award Bios the file is *.f6 or *.f14 ( the f6 or f14 represent the version) will be 512 KB or maybe different in another manufactured depend on BIOS size.
    3. Boot ur computer in a pure dos mode (yes anmg, winpe is not pure dos, :biggrin: sorry)
    4. After the command prompt show, backup ur bios with ur flashing tools. For example :
    flas**t xxxxx.fd /1 ----- Insyde, bios file save with xxxx.fd n the size 1 MB same as the original flash file from Insyde
    flash895 /sxxxx.f6 ----- Award in Gigabyte mobo, it will save bios with default size n name xxxx.f6 (do not use space like flash895 /s xxxx.f6)
    Command for backup u can find in ur flash utility with switch /? just like :
    flas**t /?
    winpsh /?
    5. After it saved boot back into windows.

Now u can mods ur bios with tools that provided here or request in bios mods thread with the original bios that u back up previously without having to worried ur personal computer data will be erased. For an example :
    1. Mods ur own bios with phoenix,insyde,ami,award using andy p tools
    - Select original bios --------- choose ur backup bios (not from the manufactured)
    - Select manufactured ------ if listed choose ur manufactured, if not choose others
    - Select slics -------------- choose slics u want (Acer, Dell, others)
    - Select slp --------------- choose slp (Acer, Dell, others)
    - RW report --------------- choose ur rw report that u've previously saved
    - Certificate -------------- choose certificate that match ur slics.
    - Go n verify
    2. Request ur bios mods from this forums.
    -Manufacturer:
    -Motherboard Model:
    -Bios revision:
    -Bios Type:
    -Bios Download Link: (insert link with ur backup bios n flashing tools uploaded)
    -RW Everything Report Download Link:

So there will be no bios data erased n u're good to go without having to remember S/N, manufactured, UUID, else (heheheh :biggrin:) n affraid of lose warranty of ur manufactured service.

Note : Thx for technician guys from Acer, Gigabyte, Dell, Abit for giving me this info, guys ur rocks!
    Before this methode I use universal bios backup toolkit but I dont know bios data still erased after I upgrade my bios so I think this methode will work in u too (yesterday I mods bios from different mobo about 11 mobo n 2 lappy n nows I've succesfull 6 mobo(sorry for the guys at pc shops but it work, right :D). Still curious how to add asset tags in Acer :()

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    And what exactly has all this to do with information stored in the DMI area?

3. ar_seven_am

ar_seven_am MDL Senior Member

Mar 7, 2010
    #3 ar_seven_am, May 17, 2010
    Last edited: May 17, 2010
    (OP)
    if u mean dmi area that stored Manufactured, S/N or UUID I think it's related, I test with Acer 4540 (it's belong to my boss, no mods bios) n after I add slics to the bios file n boot in dos mode I use flas**t with /all switch the DMI data it's not changed n it's really different when I test in previous Acer 4540 (which I'm asking how do I search the original data in bios mods section) I use the original bios from Acer n zaaaaaaaap Manufactured, S/N, Product Name n offcourse the UUID is gone n I have to restore with DMI kit. It's really usefull if u dont want to do extra jobs (especially novice like me n maybe others)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...