Real player downloader not working in internet explorer 10, any help please?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by sunnyo_ola, Sep 4, 2012.

1. sunnyo_ola

sunnyo_ola MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2009
    I upgraded my windows 7 ultimate to windows 8 pro.
    the problem is that I have the latest real player installed on my computer and the real player downloader add on did not pop-up in internet explorer 10 whenever I want to download from youtube.
    can anybody help me please?

2. greyaburton

greyaburton MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2009
  3. greyaburton

greyaburton MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2009
  4. hooper_6

hooper_6 MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2013
    Realplayer download works with IE9

Note: After downloading a new build of RealPlayer, updating your browser, or enabling any plugins, restart your computer and then try your video download again.
    Solution 1: To download the latest version of RealPlayer,
    1. Open RealPlayer.
    2. Click the RealPlayer logo.
    3. Click Check for Update.
    4. Check the box next to RealPlayer.
    5. Click Install Updates. If you don't see RealPlayer in the available updates, you most likely have the latest version.
    NOTE: If you have purchased an older version of RealPlayer Plus (such as 14 or 15), you will lose your Plus features if you upgrade to RealPlayer 16 without purchasing RealPlayer Plus 16.
    Solution 2: Check that the plugin is enabled in your browsers; follow the instructions for your browser (IE, Firefox, or Chrome):
    Internet Explorer:
    1. Click Tools (the cog icon at the upper right of the browser window).
    2. Click Internet Options.
    3. Choose Advanced. Make sure "Enable third-party browser extensions" is checked and click OK.
    4. Go back to Tools and select Manage Add-ons.
    5. Locate "RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin" (see image below for an example).
    6. Ensure that it says "Enabled" under the Status column.
    7. If it is disabled, click on the plugin.
    8. In the lower portion of the window, click Enable and click OK. (You will need to close and reopen Internet Explorer.)
    9. Reset internet explore. If you continue to experience problems follow the steps in this artical then restart your computer.