Real VNC, anyone ?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by cartoon_hero, Nov 8, 2008.

1. cartoon_hero

cartoon_hero MDL Junior Member

Oct 8, 2008
    trying to run Real VNC viewer on windows 7 but always return with the following error:
    setReflected: This Function is not supported on this system. (120)

Anyone know any workaround for this ?

thnaks in advance

2. Cornmeister

Cornmeister MDL Member

Dec 8, 2008
    or try logmein.com :)

works fine.

3. Drakie

Drakie MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2008
    Dont use it myself but from what i have seen, in most software incompatibility cases, running the program in windows xp/vista compatibility mode can fix most issues. Hope it helps ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ChrYsler

ChrYsler MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2008
    In this situation it's not solution. :(
    But LogMeIn or VNC Java works fine. :D

ChrYsler

5. Drakie

Drakie MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2008
    Sorry i couldnt help anymore than that, glad you got it sorted it out though. :rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. afzkl

afzkl MDL Novice

Dec 30, 2008
  7. afzkl

afzkl MDL Novice

Dec 30, 2008
  8. cartoon_hero

cartoon_hero MDL Junior Member

Oct 8, 2008
    i installed RealVNC 4.4.3 which is the latest release, and still getting the same error ... i send a feedback to the developers, hope they sort it out very soon ..

9. ermax

ermax MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2008
  10. damecaput

damecaput MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2008
    That Worked

Don't know what changes were made but it worked. I was having the same issue, and i use Real VNC to connect to my office and transfer files and i was kinda stuck, but you guys fixed it. Kudos

THANK YOU :) THANK YOU :D THANK YOU:)

11. Chiperiffic

Chiperiffic MDL Novice

Jan 29, 2009
    Real vnc works

This will work with the server running on the most recent version 4.4 I believe but then go in and download the basic 4.1 viewer only. Both of them should now work just fine for you. They don't have the newest version working completely with the mirror aspect for VNC. Hope this helps you all as I use Win7 everyday and can't wait for it to become the new standard. Love the color changing open icons as you hover over them and the automatic format of screen to sides oh yeah and turning off the UAC oh and along us to put gadgets wherever we want YEAH>

12. kocoman

kocoman MDL Senior Member

May 16, 2007
    Has anyone got vnc free version (latest) (there is no more beta when I checked today) working on the RTM version of win7?

I tried the 'workaround' for vista (using administrator mode in user mode), but it still gives me this error.