REALLY disable notofications

Discussion in 'Android' started by ThomasMann, Jun 2, 2019.

1. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    ON an ASUS zenphone, where most notifications are disabled, two items keep recurring.
    "Update Google Play" and the truly exciting "External storage insertet"

Is there a way to disable these two?

Thanks

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Sounds like they come from the Android system itself.
    Do you mean notifications appearing at the pull down notification area?
    When you long press and hold on the notifications can you get settings?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015

Thank you. No, not on these two.
    I assume what triggers them, especially the google one is that I do not use anything google additionally, I do not even have a google account.

4. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Yes the pull down area, and NO, nothing happens with long press. In the regular settings there is a list to deny notifications, And Google Play Store is disabled, but it still keeps appearing. At least it is not a real problem, just a nuisance...

5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #5 Yen, Jun 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    There also should be extended and there a menu at top right corner (indicated by a column of 3 points)---> show system apps. Depends on Android version.
    Maybe check there the notification settings of android-system / Google Play Store etc...
    Some of those can be disabled on the lock screen only. Not on the pull down notification area of the unlocked screen, though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Yes, that is why I am asking "REALLY disabling notifications" .
    Google Play Store is disabled in the settings....

7. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Also, is there really no way to stop a notification telling me that there is an SDcard inserted. Which is not really a surprise, as I am the one that put it there, but, why am I being told that same information via a notification every day again and again?

8. supervergil

supervergil MDL Novice

Nov 18, 2012
    well, if you bothered by the notification, it is because the launcher? maybe the one you are using do not have the feature to suppress the notification? maybe some apps would help?
    I am using Samsung Game Launcher only to suppress notification when I'm playing games.

9. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    I do not play games, thank you, and a game launcher does strike me as something that might end up sending even more notifications.
    I rooted the phone, but cannot anything else to delete that might cause this.

Well it teaches me that I was totally right not to have a smartphone...