Really struggling to make an AIO x64 SP1 Slipstream Disk from x64 RTM

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by threepe, May 20, 2011.

1. threepe

threepe MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2010
    For the last two days...sigh...I have been trying to make my own AIO slipstream disk.

I have used the following guide:
    (cannot post link, its the standard one at "Into Windows"

I did the following:
    1) Opened RT 7 Lite
    2) I was given the option of choosing which image to slipstream
    3) I selected Basic first, then allowed the slipstream process to run
    4) Saved the image

Re-ran RT 7 Lite opening the newly saved image to run the slipstream process for Premium, then Professional and finally Ultimate.

In VM Server I can chose which OS to install, and any and all OSes install correctly with SP1. However, as soon I burn a disk and attempt to run it, I get no choice of which OS I want. The disk just runs and installs Basic :(

I have downloaded the utility to remove ei.cfg. When I run this, it says there is no ei.cfg file to remove.

Please help, this is slowly driving me around the bend. :help2:

2. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Every version is included in x86 & x64 does not have a Starter edition... so a normal AIO would have 11 versions. so you will need.
    Requirements:

Windows 7 DVD/ISO (x86 & x64) – You can choose any edition, because the DVD holds the all editions i.e. Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium,Professional and Ultimate.
    Windows 7 Enterprise DVD/ISO (x86 & x64) – Windows 7 Enterprise is not available through retail channels.
    Windows Automation Installation Kit (WAIK for Windows 7)
    Blank DVD (DVD5 – 4GB in size) compatible DVD Burner and CD/DVD burning software (like Nero,ImgBurn)
    ----------------------------------------