RealTek Audio Issues after 9926 Update

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by seeingterra, Jan 24, 2015.

1. seeingterra

seeingterra MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2014
    #1 seeingterra, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
    Hi,

I know this is my first post here, but I have been lurking for a while.. Having done so I have found this forum to be a great place for getting info with all you folks putting your brains together :) So thanks for teaching me a thing or two already!

Anyways, I made this post on the Microsoft Technical Preview forum regarding issues with RealTek drivers.

Below is the post I made and a link to the OP in the bottom of the post. Figured I would see if anyone here had similar issues, or even better, solutions!

OP:

Hello,

First off I want to say that the 9926 build has worked really well, that is with one slight exception.

I have an Asus N550LF with Windows 10 TP (build 9926).

I updated my build from 9879 using the built in Preview update function. None of the previous builds have had this issue I am about to describe.

Main issue: Subwoofer output has big issues. When I insert the mini jack from the mini sub (that came with the laptop) it produces only distorted noise when playing any audio.
    So it gets a signal on the dedicated sub output, but not the right kind apparently.

Second issue: MaxxAudio: This computer/RealTek card came with MaxxAudio - MaxxAudio does get installed, but does not launch.
    This is a lesser issue, but still it is a fairly integral part in terms of getting the best audio performance from this computer..
    Without it audio is flat.

The issues are most likely related on some level.

What I have tried to resolve it:

- Re-install drivers:
    1. Tried updated drivers from RealTek website

2. Tried original OEM drivers, still same result.

The RealTek panel does load, see screenshot below (latest OEM drivers for 8.1, clicking Launch on Audio Wizard produces no results)

Any advice or experience with this? Response would be much appreciated! I will send feedback through the feedback app once this is further investigated :)

END OP.

So does anyone here have experience with this from any of the builds ?

Driver version:

Thanks in advance!

PS: Not able to post links or pics yet, but if somebody has any input/interest in this I can PM someone the link to the OP and a screenshot of my RealTek panel.

2. seeingterra

seeingterra MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2014
    Thanks, downloading now and will report my results :)

Thanks again

3. seeingterra

seeingterra MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2014
    #5 seeingterra, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
    (OP)
    Cool,

Just tried the one mentioned by DesertJerry and had the same results as earlier. I will browse around the site and try some different ones and let you know if I make any progress.

Cheers :)

Update: Sadly the drivers makes no difference in terms of the issue at hand. Thanks anyways though

4. Cali4niaWK

Cali4niaWK MDL Member

Feb 13, 2010
    Im using Realtek driver 6.0.1.7135 and it works great on build 9926. Do a search online try and see if that version will work for you. Im using a Gigabyte X79 motherboard.

5. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. alicepattinson

alicepattinson MDL Member

Jan 29, 2013
    Thanks for sharing DesertJerry. :) Also thanks to the thread maker I do also need this one. :)

7. seeingterra

seeingterra MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2014
    #9 seeingterra, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
    (OP)
    Fix for MaxxAudio issue

Thanks for the responses :)

So I was able to sort out the MaxxAudio issue at least, even though the subwoofer output problem still persists.

My solution were to download the latest drivers (any of the ones linked in this thread) and (as in my case) first install as usual with the setup wizard, then go ahead and go into device manager, locate the realtek card, click 'Update Driver', then manually pick. Once at the manual driver selection part of the wizard go ahead and select "Have Disk" and navigate to your unzipped RealTek driver folder. Once located find the folder called 'vista64' which contains a bunch of .inf's.
    I used the "HDXDELL.inf" and ignored the "may not be compatible" warning. Install came back successful and I rebooted.

Once rebooted the Audio Wizard Icon appeared on my desktop again, and thankfully it was then working as before the issue with the new build.

Might be worth mentioning as a disclaimer that this exact method might not work for everyone, but it might be worth playing with the different .inf's if you have issues similar to this.

Now we just need them to resolve the subwoofer output issue.. I really fell in love with that cute little sub Asus packaged with my machine.. Now it just screams in pain when connected o_O

Hope this can help someone!

Cheers

8. nx9420

nx9420 MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2009
    #10 nx9420, Jan 25, 2015
    I agree something is really broken about RealTek HD audio, I have an Asus TX300 (additional speakers integrated in the dock/keyboard) and the sound of the BanG&Olufsen speakers is like a loud gargle . I guess we're talking about the same issue as the aditional speakers from the keyboard part are part of the output sys of the tablet.
    What I think is that there are two different drivers that W10 is using, one is for Intel screen audio/lol/ and the other is realtek hd. I haven't invested too much time in tracking down what could be done further, I only used diff drivers found on web with the same result. It used to work great under the previous version, maybe I'll roll back to a previous build in order to see what's wrong.
    I tried your solution but w10 refuses to manually install hdxdell.inf

9. everesee

everesee MDL Senior Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Change your sound quality to 16bit. It will fix everything :) (same thing happened on my laptop)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. seeingterra

seeingterra MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2014
    Did not work for me :(

But thanks for the response

11. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014

install the latest driver in comparability mode realtek audio drivers are working on win 10.....besides the 9926 should have install the generic driver.

12. seeingterra

seeingterra MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2014
    Hi,

The driver is installed and MaxxAudio is working again using the method I described later in the thread. The only issue now is that the subwoofer output just produces a distorted noise instead of any bass (or proper audio at all). This did not happen on the previous builds so it is likely related to changes in 9926

Cheers :)

13. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014

that can still be a comparability driver issue. try the generic driver from MS if they have one.....go to device manager....right click audio and search for drivers online.

14. nx9420

nx9420 MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2009
    #16 nx9420, Jan 25, 2015
    I'm sorry to hijack this thread...but the issues with my Asus Tx300 are almost the same as op's : asus pc and realtek hd audio on output makes a garbled sound
    Scenario: Asus TX300CA-basically a 2013 "high-end" tablet PC(i7 with 4G ram, intel 4000hd and 128GB SSD) with a keyboard dock that has a battery, 2 USB ports, lan adaptor, a 500GB HDD and 2 speakers ( no clue if it has a separate sound card-i think not but not sure- the dock has a ICEsound Bang&Olufsen label). dock connection via proprietary Asus plug-a lot of pins. Original OS was windows8- formatted everything when I clean installed Win10 TP 3 months ago, upgraded via official released builds when available, no 9901.
    Problem: awfully garbled sound from the dock speakers, I DID NOTICE a deep bass interference. Disconnected from the dock, the sound works perfect from tablet speakers.

Solutions tried so far, w/o any success:
    -installed Win8.1 latest driver from Asus S&D page
    -installed latest Realtek driver
    -Uninstalled everything and let Win10 TP sort it out.
    -reverted back to previous build via boot option and speakers working correctly. Re-Installed latest build 9926 via update in TABLET only mode-dock disconnected. Ran into a few issues afterwards: 40%of the right screen not working properly, impossible to logon because I couldn't see the right side of the screen so I attached the dock. The garbled sound is the same.
    -last step is to manually overwrite the files used by the driver. I saved those files when I reverted, also took some screenshots but after the update I could only find one, didn't check at the time it it were or not saved. I cannot overwrite any file in System32 no matter what I've tried, it seems that they are in use even when the sound-card is not installed/uninstalled.
    Any ideas?