Realtek hd audio driver problems

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by R0H1T, May 12, 2010.

1. R0H1T

R0H1T MDL Junior Member

Apr 6, 2010
    I recently updated my audio driver on Win7 to ver 2.48 but seems it only supports digital audio(s/pdif) & now my analog output is gone ! I've read the changelog but it doesn't have any info on this. The only way to resolve it would be to rollback to the previous version. Has anyone else has had this problem ?

2. NICK@NUMBER11

NICK@NUMBER11 MDL Expert

Mar 23, 2010
    using the same version, i installed throught device manager, just unpacked the R248.exe and usued update driver and it found and updated

Hope that helps

3. R0H1T

R0H1T MDL Junior Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Its not that the driver doesn't work but my analog out is gone so I can't use 3.5mm connectors(I don't use s/pdif) !

4. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Did you check for disabled devices?

The original Realtek drivers are great, no doubt about that, but for some odd reason they are in the strange habit of resetting ones devices to the digital ones every time you upgrade, so that might well be the culprit...

(ControlPanel -> Sound -> RightclickIntoBox -> ShowDisabledDevices)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. R0H1T

R0H1T MDL Junior Member

Apr 6, 2010
    No its not under disabled devices. Till the previous version(2.47) there were two options to choose your sound output, Realtek Digital Output & Speakers(analog) but now only the former remains so I can't connect anything which will work through the 3.5mm panels at the back !

6. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    This sucks.

Probably something with Windows then, because im using 2.48 too and i dont have any problems.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...