recently i installed windows 8.1 rtm buil

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by donsr, Oct 11, 2013.

1. donsr

donsr MDL Member

Aug 24, 2013
    I think it is my pc problem windows 8.1 softwares not running properly ..like chrome ,sony vegas and other windows 7 works fine software slow in 8.1 ... also full hd videos not works properly its stucking.. mozzilla is only works fine any one same issues or like issues?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mirecek1965

mirecek1965 MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2008
    No issues at all.

3. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    If you have any sort of customized drivers or programs that directly access hardware, you need to install 8.1 supported versions.
    This includes any graphics, chipset, sound, vm, etc stuff.

That being said, some software that doesn't directly access hardware can be slightly improved by running in compatibility mode.
    A famous example of this is the game The Witcher from a few years back. It has no Vsync, and although a lot of control panel type of software for AMD and Nvidia support forcing Vsync, it doesn't work unless
    you also enable win7 compatibility mode for the game. Why does it work that way? *shrug*. I could only speculate. I *guess* it has something to do with the versions of directx drivers that are being used or something...

Well the same type of things might be true for your video editing software, so once you've squared away your 8.1 supported drivers, try running the program in compatibility mode if you cannot wait for an 8.1 supported version.

4. donsr

donsr MDL Member

Aug 24, 2013
    yes more programms didnt compatible and when change windows 7 compatible mode it will not works.. directx installed now have smooth google chrome and some apps any antivirus for 8.1 now?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. HpBaxxter

HpBaxxter MDL Member

Aug 4, 2012
    I have the same problem but not with all the softwares , I was using Windows 8
    I see the EI 11 is slow and the pages open hardly, Google toolbar and IDM and maybe all add-ons don't compatible
    If Windows 8.1 release will they fix the problem ?
    I have the Windows 8.1 RTM which leaked, Will they release another version ?

6. potjevleesch

potjevleesch MDL Addicted

Aug 7, 2010
    as usuall it all depends on hardware suppliers to release compatible drivers and software companies to rls updates, don't expect Microsoft to do the job.

7. racky29

racky29 MDL Senior Member

Aug 2, 2007
    i dont have any problem with 8.1 only I.E is slow and locks up and has to close and re open pages, ive had to install a new browser, Torch browser is running nice

8. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    I have major issues with IE11, so switched to FireFox.. every program works fine.. even my XP games, and all Windows 7 programs, except those the Manufactures offer says you need to upgrade to Windows 8
    programs.