Recommend a sound recording software that will work with Win7

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Red Squirrel, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Red Squirrel

Red Squirrel MDL Junior Member

May 6, 2010
    I just found out the hard way that Audacity crashes a lot in Windows 7 even in compatibility mode, so I am forced to use another program. I'm new to the Windows 7 world so I don't even know where to start... I have a bad feeling half the apps such as foxit, vlc etc I installed won't work properly, and I'll have to get win7 alternatives. I'm used to XP, where everything just works.

For now, everything seems to work but Audoacity so I need ideas for a free/open source recording program. I would love something with tracks, and something where I can pause/continue recording easily, and of course see the recording levels, if it's clipping and so on. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. Red Squirrel

May 6, 2010
    That's good to know. There was actually a link to that from their site but for some reason it did not work when I tried it. Guess I can try the beta for now, then upgrade once they do a full release.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Red Squirrel

May 6, 2010
    I just tried it and that seems to have done the trick, thanks!

5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Welcome dude, if u wanna really thank me, then hit the 'Thanks' button.... :D

6. deadcalm

deadcalm MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2010
    GoldWave has a lot of good functions and plays nice with Win 7

7. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    He needs a free softy dude... o_O