Recommended tools to remove telemetry and thus,increase privacy on LTSB 16 ?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Anemisme, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Anemisme

Anemisme MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2018
    Hello.
    I was on Linux for some time before getting bored of it (desktop-wise, it's really good as servers and I still use it for mine). I currently switched to Windows 10 for personal reasons and I saw so many things about tweaking W10 and stuff,though there are too many softwares that probably duplicate some tweaks from others..
    That's why i'm coming here to ask what should I use in order to remove all the s**t Microsoft gives to us, fellow users.

I'm using LTSB 14393.2665 as I felt LTSC wasn't as solid as the latter.

Thanks for your help and have a good day :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Anemisme

Anemisme MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2018
    Thank you !
    I'd wait more feedback though ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
  4. freddie-o

freddie-o MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    #5 freddie-o, Dec 14, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    All I can say is, it was a long process for me and a lot of testing a lot of apps and scripts and doing a lot of research on the WWW on how to disable Telemetry. There is still a lot of debate going on, on the subject. It also depends on what you use your OS for. Sometimes it can cause Windows to be unstable or breaks something so you need to know exactly what each tweak does.

5. Kim100

Kim100 MDL Addicted

Jun 17, 2009
    Not your most constructive contribution.

6. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Fell free to bring to the table actual arguments in contesting that a tool advertising itself as "the real privacy dashboard" should have started with it's own privacy policy and complementary trust factor (two steamcommunity ids don't count) - and/or source code for such sensitive system-wide stuff.

7. Anemisme

Anemisme MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2018
    You shouldn't argue here though, i'm just asking recommendations, not a war !
    Discovered Tron tool which does a lot of stuff, privacy included, but i'm unsure of using it.

8. freddie-o

freddie-o MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    #9 freddie-o, Dec 16, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    When in doubt... Don't.
    Besides, you just installed LTSB 2016 so you don't need a lot of those stuff.
    Have you tried [REPO] Windows 10 TELEMETRY REPOSITORY
    I personally read through the entire Thread. There's a lot you can pick up.

9. freddie-o

freddie-o MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009