Recover Password for Windows Server 2008 on Virtual Dedicated Server

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by pikappapp, Jul 12, 2011.

1. pikappapp

pikappapp MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2011
    I have been locked out of my company servers by a disgruntled IT employee. Any ideas on password recovery for a Windows Server 2008 VDS?

Please refrain from legal advice, trying to immediately remedy issue and court is not feasible for short term fix.

Thanks

2. UVAIS

UVAIS MDL Expert

Mar 17, 2011
    #2 UVAIS, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pikappapp

pikappapp MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2011
    I appreciate the feedback, and I have another question. Is it possible to use PCLoginNow if it is a virtually hosted server with a data center? Thanks and I apologize for my lack of sophisticated IT knowledge.

4. 100

100 MDL Expert

May 17, 2011
    That's a perfectly valid reason to keep you locked out of a server, seriously.

This isn't the place to get basic hacking advice.

5. pikappapp

pikappapp MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2011
    If anyone has any replies that will be useful, I appreciate it. I am not hacking, rather trying to restore company servers after a malicious attack by a disgruntled employee.

If you want to chime in on a situation in which you know nothing of, please refrain.

6. ruggieroav

ruggieroav MDL Novice

Mar 7, 2012
    If the data center gives you no way to access the 'machine' at its root, such as KVM or VNC console, you are out of luck. By the way, if this IS at a datacenter, would they not have backups available? Could you roll back to a recent backup before the "attack?"