Recover WLM Contact List After Reinstalling OS

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by C.B., Feb 18, 2012.

1. C.B.

C.B. MDL Junior Member

Jan 13, 2009
    I did a reinstall of my OS and neglected to copy my WLM contacts list. I have not as of yet deleted the Windows.old folder. Is it possible to find the contact list within that folder?

Thank you in advance for your time and any assistance provided.

C.B.

2. NICK@NUMBER11

NICK@NUMBER11 MDL Expert

Mar 23, 2010
    Dont think they are stored locally, so its not a problem for you log into wlm and see if they are appear

3. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Nope.. they're not stored on your computer of course but on the servers..

4. C.B.

C.B. MDL Junior Member

Jan 13, 2009
    Thank you for the prompt response, NICK. I appreciate it. I've reinstalled operating systems many times in the past and once I reinstalled WLM all my contacts were listed; however, they failed to reappear after the latest OS reinstall. I don't understand it.

C.B.

5. C.B.

C.B. MDL Junior Member

Jan 13, 2009
    Thank you for your reply, tcntad.

The information must have been removed from the servers because my previous contact list did not reappear once WLM was reinstalled.

6. C.B.

C.B. MDL Junior Member

Jan 13, 2009
    Well, I found the Contacts list. I wondered why the contacts were stored on servers but I could not access the contacts from those servers through WLM so I tried an end run. I went to hotmail.com and entered one of my email addresses, clicked on "Contacts" and there they were. I don't know why the list didn't download to WLM when all the folders and their content downloaded to WLM.

Thank you again for your assistance. I do appreciate it.

C.B.