[Recovered] Windows 10 icon in the Taskbar! Here's how

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by allowingtoo, Jun 28, 2015.

1. allowingtoo

allowingtoo MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2010
  2. DomBom

DomBom MDL Junior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Why do people think they need to reserve their copy?

It's free for 12 months, not like they're gonna run low on stock lol

3. nexus76

nexus76 MDL Addicted

Jan 25, 2009
    Also having a "Home" version you should definitely think twice if it's an upgrade losing control on future windows updates.
    Taking time to read TOS recommended additionally.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    indeed DomBom, today you are the star of this thread :D

yes something about home being forced to update without option not to. But I believe that is for pro too except Volume editions? It is all so vague and mysterious I think I will just use windows xp for another 20 years :D

5. allowingtoo

allowingtoo MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2010
    I think that is what that Dropbox file is with that batch file is. Something like that. I forgot to mention that it was pretty easy to find those two updates just by Google. They are posted on the Web as installers if you just search by the number. I did not have them installed even though I had just reinstalled Windows and applied all the latest updates. Well, almost all the updates. Those could have been lurking in the ones that were not critical.

But that is an interesting link for Windows 8. I'll pass it along to my friend. She is missing her icon. Thanks!

6. allowingtoo

allowingtoo MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2010
    or schedule a time to install that’s convenient for you I'm not sure I want to install Windows 10. But I wanted the OPTION to install it. I had it - then I lost it. I just wanted to see if I could get it back. MS said I was good to go once - why not again? I had nothing to lose by trying.

There's this thread:
    How will Windows 10 activation work for those who upgrade from 7/8.1 (SLIC etc)?

And I think the activation worked the way I did it. MS said I was good to go. I just wanted to thank DAZ more or less. And MDL.