Recovering Office 2016 MAK key

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by forumpass, Aug 10, 2016.

1. forumpass

forumpass MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    I was wondering if it is possible to retrieve the full (not only the last five) produkt key of Office 2016. I've been searching the forum and elsewhere and not been successful so far. Tried a couple of different software as well (like MS Toolkit, KeyFinder, iSunshare, etc) but they all return the standard VLK key provided by MS and not the real one (the one that ospp returns).

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Timestamp dated from June 22, 2016 seems outdated to you? Really?

4. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    You can use it if it helps You, but I doubt in it, that helps. View yourself, what it is and what it does and which numbers it shows to You.
    All is not gold, that glitters and all of the messages do not show that, what the thing really is.
    Yes, You can view the dates, but is better to look them from the calendar.
    There are some cases where you can get also correct number, if using this a miracle gadget. It is when you want to get the numbers of the old computers (XP, Vista, ..) and if this is the BIOS, OEM, etc or find installation key, but not see newer software activation key.

Have You ever tried it Yourself?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. nasa

nasa MDL Member

Dec 2, 2007
    It hasn't been possible to recover Office product keys (MAK or Retail) since Office 2013.

Produkey shows Windows 10 correct key + MSDM key and previous version key (If upgraded from Windows 7/8).
    I've used it on hundreds of computers and still do.

6. mictlan

mictlan MDL Member

Nov 9, 2009
    MAK keys can not be 'recovered' from Office or Windows.
    The keys are not stored in the registry.
    You have to ask your friendly Admin ...

7. forumpass

forumpass MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    I think this was the real response to the question. Thanks!