RECOVERING Vista Product Key

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by I AM SuIcIdE, Dec 11, 2008.

1. I AM SuIcIdE

I AM SuIcIdE MDL Novice

Dec 11, 2008
    I had some issues with my drive, (or so my semi-computer literate friend says) and had to reinstall Vista. Now it's asking me for my product key and - forget it - there's NO WAY I can remember what happened to it. I have seen that there are some apps that allow you to recover? your key from your system (mine was valid) however I dunno if there's one in particular someone more educated on the matter could direct me to.
    I have had to relinquish command from my friend who after 4 days hasn't been able to get my computer past it's "limited functionality" mode and it's really pissing me off. I have 7 days left to rewrite my grant proposal and I NEED my computer to be working yesterday. So if someone could help me out because I signed up for your community and everything and I'd hate to have wasted more time than I already have. Please spare me the techie diatribe, I'm not completely retarded but I will get lost if it gets too technical. Thank you kindly, R. :confused:
    Also: Vista Home Premium Edition.

2. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    #2 petar, Dec 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Did your computer came with Vista preinstalled ?
    Couse if it does, you can use any of the OEM SLP keys to activate.
    You'll also need to install the cert.
    For more info look here and here.

BTW. You can install Vista Ultimate if you like, by entering Ultimate key during setup.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...