Recovery Disk Software (Charity in need of help)

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by chrisgun, May 29, 2013.

1. chrisgun

chrisgun MDL Novice

Feb 28, 2012
    hi I work for a charity call Jamie's computers and need some help, the boss has asked if we can offer recovery disks with the computers we sell so that the user can install the os and software we put on, Not the repair thing as that does not do it also the software must be. e.g. restore disks you get with new computers

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  3. chrisgun

chrisgun MDL Novice

Feb 28, 2012
    thanks nick trying that out now. what it is that we reinstall the os and then resell the computers but at this point we don't offer recover disks and the boss would like use to be able to do this but every think I try brings up the repair disk that does not offer this

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Chris, you can sell the computer with original OS as long as it has OEM:COA label, You cannot sell the system with third party recovery media only original recovery media is allowed (if it was supplied) and as a company you would be breaking Microsoft Eula.

5. chrisgun

chrisgun MDL Novice

Feb 28, 2012
    oo did not know that so I could I a repair disk and then partition a bit of the hard drive and do a system image

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  7. chrisgun

chrisgun MDL Novice

Feb 28, 2012
    oo sorry to be a pain. we have applied to become a Microsoft refurbisher but they have not got back to us yet and thank you for both your help will go back to the drawing board

8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ chrisgun, absolutely no problem you are not being a pain. That is what forum is for and if we can members will try to help :)